Esteemed Contributor

Re: Should CBS Postpone the Interview with Harry and Meghan?

[ Edited ]

@stevieb wrote:

I always find it interesting and unfortunate that some, in their zeal to defend someone or someones they feel need defending, choose to deflect by denigrating others that weren't even part of the equation. It's as though they can only make a case by trying to highlight what they view as worse cases than the one immediately under discussion. For example, it's unclear to me how discussion of a 94 year old monarch, her history of visits to the hospital to view her ailing husband or her financial statements are relevant to whether or not CBS should air what some assume will be (but probably won't be) a tell-all interview featuring Markle and Harry. 

Seems it would make more sense to ask the posters who brought up those topics to begin with. It would be interesting to hear those reasons though it seems they were possibly using them to disparage someone...or someones. Smiley Wink

Of course once a topic is brought up it only stands to reason it will be discussed. 

Trusted Contributor

I like Prince Phillip and wish him a speedy recovery.  Harry and Meghan, I do not care about.  They left England for more privacy.  What a lie.  They are in the news every day since they moved to the US.  Two hypocrites.

Honored Contributor

I brought it up because someone posted about respect and having respect for Prince Philip and the Queen in this situation.

So it just made me think of the hypocracy of the idea of respect for someone who doesn't have it for others.

that's all and I realize many will not agree but it was what struck me at the time. 

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Esteemed Contributor

The bottom line here is Meghan doesn't matter. This is Harry's family, and he will have to live with whatever comes of this breach. I will say Harry seems to be isolated from everything he knows. That is not good. I will also say Meghan is the common denominator among two families that are estranged. I find that interesting.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

We all know there is no way Prince Philip well have a "speedy recovery".  However, I'm hopeful Harry will return to England immediately to pay his last respects to his grandfather. 

Let Meghan run the show with Oprah; who cares? It didn't sound like Harry planned to have a strong role in it anyway. He may be relieved to not have to participate at all. And, the Royals certainly would love to have Harry visit without Meghan and her demands and opinions. It may be a blessing in disguise for all of their family. Harry has never been with his family, alone, since his engagement.

Meghan may blame her pregnancy on not being able to travel for the funeral (which isn't true at this early stage and in the manner in which they are accustomed to flying and traveling). However, Harry is an amazing dad and it would be wonderful for father and child to attend the services together.

We may see a friendlier and happier Harry with his family if he's able to travel alone to visit his dad. I believe in hope for their family unity, especially between Harry, William and Kate, and the Queen.

Harry was too small to realize how dark the days following Diana's death really were for everyone. He's been told about them and absorbed them by osmosis; but he was in boarding school and shielded from her life. William was older, knew  more and, naturally, felt it much harder. William has always been the stronger, more responsible of the two sons. 

Time for Harry to assume some responsibility and behave as his birth-right has provided for so many amazing opportunities, which aren't to be taken for granted.                   

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

People use family connections to get an interview, audition, recommendation. After that they either succeed or fail on their own merit.

That's not the case with H&M nor Meghan's half sister. They malign their family members in exchange for money and attention.

Esteemed Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

People use family connections to get an interview, audition, recommendation. After that they either succeed or fail on their own merit.

That's not the case with H&M nor Meghan's half sister. They malign their family members in exchange for money and attention.

What member of the royal family have the Duke and Duchess maligned? As for Meghan's half sister...hopefully she gets as good as gives although I can't say I've seen it happen.

I do hope to have a front row seat if it ever does. Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@manny2 wrote:

The bottom line here is Meghan doesn't matter. This is Harry's family, and he will have to live with whatever comes of this breach. I will say Harry seems to be isolated from everything he knows. That is not good. I will also say Meghan is the common denominator among two families that are estranged. I find that interesting.

@manny2 Not only is he isolated from his family and friends back home but he has adopted Meghan's causes that weren't really his focus, as if his interests and identity is being consumed by hers.  So many British royal commentators describe him as very changed since he met Meghan. I think that is sad for both him and his family and now former friends.

Honored Contributor

@on the bay - I'm probably the poster you're referring to who brought up respect for the Queen- in post #32. I stand by my post, knowing many posters disagree. Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@SusieQ_2 wrote:

@occasionalrain wrote:

What member of the royal family have the Duke and Duchess maligned? As for Meghan's half sister...hopefully she gets as good as gives although I can't say I've seen it happen.

I do hope to have a front row seat if it ever does. Smiley Very Happy

You must not have heard about "alternative facts" which are in abundance on these forums.

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky