Esteemed Contributor

Re: Should CBS Postpone the Interview with Harry and Meghan?

@occasionalrain wrote:

I can't see the point of this interview or what's to be gained by it.There's nothing new, nothing that hasn't been explained, all that's left is betrayal of inside confidential gossip. 

Exactly.  I am guessing they will self promote whatever "cause" they have on their agenda and use the royal gossip to bait watchers.  It does sound like Markle may still harbor resentment (Harry too).  Seems like Oprah will try to get her to vilify the royal family again.   If they really were sincere in their desire for privacy, they would not do an interview with Oprah.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I understand what a lot of you are saying, and I'm not saying it should not be aired at all! 

I just think it is in poor taste to have Harry and Meghan, two members of the royal family, on TV, giving an interview that will be watched by so many in both countries and that is meant to be a happy time,  when their grandfather is fighting for his life and the whole family is so worried about him.

Undoubtedly Harry knows exactly what is going on.

For me it wouldn't matter if it was Harry and Meghan or William and Kate. I just think out of respect for the Queen the network shouldn't air it now.

I realize also it's a ratings grabber, but a lot of other shows' airings have been postponed because of scheduling issues (COVID). We're used to it!

Honored Contributor

@icezeus wrote:

First of all, yes I will be watching. 

Secondly, if Prince Phillip was to die at the wonderful advanced age of 99, then of course they should cancel the interview.

The hatred that some of you have for that woman, which has spilled over to Harry, is interesting. 

You don't like her we get it. I have my own thought process which I will keep to myself on why some of you despise her so much. 

My opinion. 

@icezeus , I wish I could give this 1000 ❤️'S

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Love my grandkids wrote:

@Mindy D i disagree. I think the Sussexes are quite capable of handling "flack."  They've been doing so quite awhile. I like them both.

@Love my grandkids @I like them too and I don't want to see the interview cause trouble for them or for anyone else. I'll be watching no matter which way it goes.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Love my grandkids 

So being old or in poor health makes one of little value and disposable? Looking at it your way, that he got a covid vaccine was something of a waste.

QVC Customer Care

Esteemed Contributor

I know everyone is enjoying arguing but I have a question that I hope our royal historians can help me with...was Phillip a British citizen when he met Elizabeth? 

Honored Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

I can't see the point of this interview or what's to be gained by it.There's nothing new, nothing that hasn't been explained, all that's left is betrayal of inside confidential gossip. 

15 more minutes of fame?

Honored Contributor

@SusieQ_2 wrote:

I know everyone is enjoying arguing but I have a question that I hope our royal historians can help me with...was Phillip a British citizen when he met Elizabeth? 

@SusieQ_2 

no.....looked it up on wikipedia.....

After the war, Philip was granted permission by George VI to marry Elizabeth. Before the official announcement of their engagement in July 1947, he abandoned his Greek and Danish titles and styles, became a naturalised British subject, and adopted his maternal grandparents' surname Mountbatten.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

@icezeus wrote:

First of all, yes I will be watching. 

Secondly, if Prince Phillip was to die at the wonderful advanced age of 99, then of course they should cancel the interview.

The hatred that some of you have for that woman, which has spilled over to Harry, is interesting. 

You don't like her we get it. I have my own thought process which I will keep to myself on why some of you despise her so much. 

My opinion. 

@icezeus I don't get your post. This is a discussion board,so why keep your opinion to yourself. If we all did that why would we come here to discuss? 

Second we don't have "hatred for that woman" some of us just don't like her. We see her for what she is an opportunist.