Esteemed Contributor

Re: Should CBS Postpone the Interview with Harry and Meghan?

First of all, yes I will be watching. 

Secondly, if Prince Phillip was to die at the wonderful advanced age of 99, then of course they should cancel the interview.

The hatred that some of you have for that woman, which has spilled over to Harry, is interesting. 

You don't like her we get it. I have my own thought process which I will keep to myself on why some of you despise her so much. 

My opinion. 

Honored Contributor

I watched Diana's interview with Martin Bashir in the mid 1990s and will watch this one with H &M.  It'll be interesting to watch this train wreck couple continue to shoot themselves in the foot with their victim complex and see Harry shamelessly exploit his late mother's death to his own advantage.  Their Finding Freedom book didn't turn out to be favorable for them and neither will this.

QVC Customer Care

Honored Contributor

Since Harry's marriage to Meghan there has been ongoing stress and embarrassment for the Royal Family beginning with her family and continuing with no end in sight.

Phillip, like most of us, is protective of his family and especially the Queen. None of it is beneficial to their health.

This latest interview and the tell all promotion of it is yet the latest thoughtless, unkind, and uncaring addition.

Respected Contributor

I was in my early thirties when Diana died. I had interest in her life in my twenties. Before she died I had lost interest in the royals. Maybe because she was no longer involved with the royals so much or maybe because of my age and what was going on in my own life. I was happy to see William get married and have a happy family but I was not really that interested. Meghan and Harry I have no interest in them whatsoever. I'm not sure what about them is interesting. 

Valued Contributor

@Love my grandkids   It's called Respect.  Self-aggrandizement should take a backseat to this event with Harry's grandfather.

Super Contributor

I think Harry made that decision based on what happen to his Mother. The media went after Megan for whatever reason and any man who love his wife would do what it takes to defend her. I think a lot of the dislike and the blame was put on Megan because she is biracial, but he was never going to be King anyway. He is a free spirit and he wanted to go out on his own and Megan being a good wife only agreed. As for the interview that is something CBS has to make that decision Oprah has no control over that either. Then why should we be concern the Royal Family didn't stop the Media from publishing by press about Megan when they were in England.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think it might be difficult and could be costly to postpone but if they can postpone the interview it would be a good idea. They are in for more flack than they can handle if they don't postpone this. If Phillip passes away around the time frame the interview is scheduled, public sentiment will be crushing, not only to Harry end Meghan but to the rest of the royal family, to Oprah and to the network broadcasting it. 

Edited for typos.

Honored Contributor

@zitawins Oh puh-leeze. Get real. One thing has nothing to do with Prince Philip being 99 years old and in poor health.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mindy D I disagree. I think the Sussexes are quite capable of handling "flack."  They've been doing so quite awhile. I like them both.