Honored Contributor

Shirley Valentine: can you say "inspirational"?

My DD and I saw the play "Shirley Valentine" performed live yesterday.  It was a one-woman play.  Outstanding.  And so inspiring.  The audience was on its feet.  Afterward the actress held a Q&A session that added so much more to the experience.

If any of you haven't seen the movie, that is highly recommend also.

Shirley talks about unused life.  Don't let life slip away.  Live it!

My DD and I wore our pearls as well (to honor Barbara Bush).  Plus, I wore my Louis Dell Olio silk tattersal shirt from YEARS ago.  Mine is aqua with black.  Who still has one or more of these?  I wore it over black pants and black tank.  Image result for louis dell olio tattersall silk shirt

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Respected Contributor

Re: Shirley Valentine: can you say "inspirational"?

Great movie, you must have looked elegant and lovely. 

Esteemed Contributor

@GingerPeach wrote:

My DD and I saw the play "Shirley Valentine" performed live yesterday.  It was a one-woman play.  Outstanding.  And so inspiring.  The audience was on its feet.  Afterward the actress held a Q&A session that added so much more to the experience.

If any of you haven't seen the movie, that is highly recommend also.

Shirley talks about unused life.  Don't let life slip away.  Live it!

My DD and I wore our pearls as well (to honor Barbara Bush).  Plus, I wore my Louis Dell Olio silk tattersal shirt from YEARS ago.  Mine is aqua with black.  Who still has one or more of these?  I wore it over black pants and black tank.  Image result for louis dell olio tattersall silk shirt

HI @GingerPeach - wasn't Shirley Valentine the very best? I saw the play and I've watched the movie about 20 times! Pauline Collins did a fabulous job in both the play and the film. I just love the way she talked to the walls!

I'm so happy you got to see and enjoy this beautiful story of love and forgiveness.

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Honored Contributor

I'm so glad someone here saw the play, too.  Wasn't it simply uplifting, @sunala?

I was looking online for a copy of the movie DVD but apparently it's hard to come by.  I did find one source.  Now I just have to decide yes or no. 

It's been years since I've seen the movie.  I had seen the play years ago, same actress, and had fond memories, but this time it made much more of an impact.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Respected Contributor

@GingerPeach Where was the play being presented? It sounds lovely - I've not heard of her before. The shirt is very nice and I adore black and turq....I'm glad you and your DD had a nice time.

-Do Not Copy Pls-