Honored Contributor

Shirley MacLaine Day on TCM Today

[ Edited ]

Terms of Endearment at 8 ET, it doesnt get any better for me than this one!! Steel Magnolias at 10:30

Some Came Running on now, also very fine film,and this morning was Two for the Seesaw, some of her finest work, along with The Apartment. I have heard her say some of her best work was done with her 2 Jacks, Lemmon and Nicholson. I dont see The Apartment listed for today, unless it was on earlier. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Shirley MacLaine Day on TCM Today

Shirley MacLaine has always impressed me with her acting and many of her movies have been top notch.  My favorite is The Apartment with the wonderful Jack Lemmon, another great actor.  I saw that movie when it came out and have seen it numerous times since, never tiring of it.  I also love the theme by piano duo Ferrante and Tieicher.  The song plays throughout the movie and is one of the best movie themes although there are so many.

In my opinion if The Apartment isn't among the movie salute to Shirley , it isn't complete.

Honored Contributor

I agree, it is shocking not to see The Apt listed, what a huge injustice to Shirley.

Looks like tomorrow is Dustin Hoffman's day on TCM. 

Contributor

Three of my favorite Shieley MacLaine movies are not on the line up today. The Apartment, Irma La Dlouce and What A Way To Go. Very disappointed.

Honored Contributor

I also liked My Geisha.  and in more recent years, Evening Star, sequel to Terms of Endearment.  And In Her Shoes.

Honored Contributor

And Guarding Tess.  I think TCM is trying to play some of the lesser known movies of some of these "stars."  Yesterday, it was Fred Astaire and I wish they had shown On the Beach.  

Honored Contributor

So many more Madame Sousatzka, Used People, Postcards From the Edge. Childrens Hour was on last Sunday when it was A Hepburn Day. 

Esteemed Contributor

I liked her in Guarding Tess too.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

She was in Artists and Models with Martin and Lewis. 

Respected Contributor

I saw Shirley interviewed by Oprah when she was on .. when

asked which leading man she really fell for from her movies ...

The answer  " Mitchum " .....that's Robert Mitchum; ......