Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shirley Jones and Richard Chamberlain Turned 90 Yesterday

Shirley and her sons. Left to right, Patrick, Shirley, Shawn and Ryan.

I had the biggest crush on Shawn when he starred in The Hardy Boys.

434383597_7788564661193971_3420910108998105092_n.jpg

Honored Contributor

Funny, I actually saw both of them in person in 1966, Shirley was performng here in Sound of Music, I ran into her and her kids and then hubby  Jack Cassidy. in a restaurant, she was gorgeous and very friendly.  In 1965 Richard was performing here as Tony in West Side Story, handsome as ever. 

Esteemed Contributor

Hollywood royalty!!!💝 What a wonderful BLESSING!❤❤ I  cannot think of Richard and not think of him and the beautiful Rachel Ward inThorn Birds!🥰 Their chemistry was electrifying!🔥 Shirley will always be the loving matriarch Shirley Partridge to me!❤ It is AMAZING that they still have so much vigor!!💖

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

I somehow deleted my previous post and forgot to repost.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@threecees wrote:

Shirley and her sons. Left to right, Patrick, Shirley, Shawn and Ryan.

I had the biggest crush on Shawn when he starred in The Hardy Boys.

434383597_7788564661193971_3420910108998105092_n.jpg

😍 What a BEAUTIFUL family!!!💝 Stars living today, are a testament to modern medicine!😁 Whatever she is doing, she is doing it WELL!❤ 

THANK you for caring to share this "handsome" family with us!💝

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Respected Contributor

Happy 90th Dr Kildare😍

Esteemed Contributor

@SandySparkles wrote:

Hollywood royalty!!!💝 What a wonderful BLESSING!❤❤ I  cannot think of Richard and not think of him and the beautiful Rachel Ward inThorn Birds!🥰 Their chemistry was electrifying!🔥 Shirley will always be the loving matriarch Shirley Partridge to me!❤ It is AMAZING that they still have so much vigor!!💖

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

@SandySparkles -  Yes - their chemistry was electrifying!!  A few years after the Thorn Birds  aired, we were in Hawaii on vacation and our tour guide showed us the beach where that famous scene was filmed - Father Ralph in his suit surprising Meggie. We insisted that he stop the bus so we could take pictures of that beach because of that scene.  He thought we were a bunch of crazy women!!

Esteemed Contributor

@twinsister wrote:

@SandySparkles wrote:

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

@SandySparkles -  Yes - their chemistry was electrifying!!  A few years after the Thorn Birds  aired, we were in Hawaii on vacation and our tour guide showed us the beach where that famous scene was filmed - Father Ralph in his suit surprising Meggie. We insisted that he stop the bus so we could take pictures of that beach because of that scene.  He thought we were a bunch of crazy women!!

😂 @twinsister I am SO jellyous!🤪 I would STILL have a bottle of that "handsome" sand as a souvenir and DARE anyone to touch it!!!!😁

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Respected Contributor

Richard Chamberlain will always be Dr. Kildare to me.

Esteemed Contributor

I thought I heard Chamberlain had died.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Honored Contributor

Richard Chamberlain was my first crush as Dr. Kildare.  I had a Barbie case with his (Dr. Kildare's) picture on it.  I finally got rid of it when cleaning out the house after my father died.  The zipper was broken.  Loved him in The Thorn Birds too.