Respected Contributor

Sherri Shepherd to Replace Wendy Williams

Just read in today's paper that Sherri Shepherd will replace Wendy Williams as of Sept.  They said the  door is open for Wendy to come back (a very long shot) but as it looks now, the show will be renamed Sherri Shepherd.  Until then, they will keep having rotating hosts.  I for one am thrilled as I found her to be the best host they ever had. She is the only comedian that acutually makes me laugh out loud. She is smart, funny, very personable and it seems that everyone likes her, especially Norman.  He always looks so relaxed and relieved when she is on.  Cannot stand Wendy, stopped watching her show a long time ago.  I am so thrilled about this news.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Sherri Shepherd to Replace Wendy Williams

I like Sherri Shepherd, and think she is the perfect person to replace Wendy. I have never cared for Wendy or her format for her show......She was so quick to talk about other people, and their misfortunes, and then when it happened to her, it was another story!

I have just never cared for her, but I do wish her well , especially with her health..

Honored Contributor

What happened to Wendy, was she fired??

Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

What happened to Wendy, was she fired??

@Shelbelle I don't know th whole story, but I think she is out with health issues!

Honored Contributor

I like Ms. Shepherd and will give it a try if it's aired in my area.

Respected Contributor

Who is Sherri Shepherd?  I've never heard of her.

Respected Contributor

Happy for Sherri, but concerned about Wendy.  I know she had Covid.

Regular Contributor

I totally agree with you! Sherri is funny self-deprecating, the staff seem so much more relaxed with her. I stopped watching Wendy too. She always liked to find the dirt on people, I thought she was mean spirited. I think Wendy is irrelevant now.

Honored Contributor

Sounds like a good choice.  I didn't like Wendy so I rarely watched her dhie.  They have to move on, they can't stay in holding mode waiting for Wendy to deal with whatever "health" problems she has.  She claimed it's her thyroid but speaking ad someone who Gravrs disease that took a long time to diagnose, I don't believe that is the reason for long absence from work.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Sherri is a comedenne, a former cohost on The View, and has been in lots of sitcoms, read her bio. She also has or had a line of wigs on the Q. 

She was also a host on the Newlywed Game.