Honored Contributor

Re: Sherri Shepherd To Pay Child Support

No, you're not, Tinkerbell. He got what he planned to get. A free ride at her expense and I hope she wins her case against him. I agree that she should support the child but not by herself. A whole family of four could live well on $4100 a month. I don't care what she can afford to pay. He, IMO, purposely is it working. At least, the last time I heard anything, he wasn't working.
“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Esteemed Contributor

The entire situation is a sad mess.  They should never have brought a child into that union.

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

Am I the only one here who thinks this guy was looking for a meal ticket?    

Sherri said her best friend Niecy Nash introduced him.  He was (supposedly) Niecy's husband's best friend.  It wasn't like he walked off the street and hustled her into marriage.  Sherri spoke incessantly about Sal and how she wanted to give Jeffrey a sibling.

Sal was may have been looking for a meal ticket, but Sherri was looking for a warm body.  He took more care of Jeffrey than Sherri.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Why do so many people seem to be so down on Sal?  I thought he had a really good job and then he moved to marry Sherri.  I don't know what kind of job he found after that, but hopefully something similar.  Personally, I think Sherri would be difficult to live with.  She just doesn't appeal to me for some reason.  She never has.  

NickNack1
(formerly NickNack)
Honored Contributor

@Mmsfoxxie wrote:

$4100 per month? What will his portion be. If he still has no real job, that will be zero for his portion. Sherrie needs to stay away from men since she sure can't pick them. IMO, he railroaded her and she allowed it. Oh, I bet he's a very happy man.

ETA:  I was reading about Chris Brown earlier regarding getting a judge to give him custody of his daughter or something.  He doesn't pay $4100 per month if memory serves me and he is the biological father.  What baby needs that amount of child support to live well?

Child support is based on the income of the parents and the custodial parent is already supporting the kid since it lives with them. The situation is the same for men who are the non custodial parent who have high incomes. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

The responses in this thread remind me how my mom had no problem taking child support from my dad but woah was she resentful of her new husband having to pay child support for his kid. 

Bit of a double standard. Ironic since Sherri attempted to be the deadbeat mom we all complain about so many men being. She tried to abandon this child she contracted with the surrogate for. Luckily the legal system is holding her to her commitment. Just like it has held men to for so many years. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Trusted Contributor

Sal has had hia own "bad luck" holding down jobs long term, but I hear it is because he doesn't like to work !

Actually, the more time passes and the more that's out about him it seems he has a really bad reputation all the way around. Also, it seems he has always been a bad seed, and he thought he had hitched himself to a "star" (not in the celebrity way) when he hooked up with Sheri. He wanted the fame, attention, and especially her money and all it could get him. It was clear early on in their

relationship that he did NOT want to marry her. He was quite happy living together. But sheri pushed and pushed him because of her son ,Jeffrey. She wanted it "proper" because of him and Sal had told her before that he didn't want to be a dad.  She talked pretty openly about it when they were dating and she was getting more serious about making their relationship more permanent.

I remember a lot of the news and her conversations about things.

Now, there is not one thing I like about Sal. Never have, never will. Couldn't stand it when she dated him. lived with him, and was horrified when she married him !

However, if I had to swear in a court of law, I would HAVE to say it was SHE who coerced him into marriage, having that baby, etc.

I wouldn't WANT to testifiy in his behalf, but knowing what I know, I couldn't lie. so thank goodness I am not going to have to put my hand on a Bible or take an oath !

Problem is, If little ole' me knows what I know, then millions of others do as well. Those close to her and her enemies ( and "frienemies") could do her in testifiying against her in his favor and she will and probably does have to pay him all kinds of money.

BUT THEN I BELIEVE THIS WAS HIS ORIGINAL PLAN ALL ALONG.   IT'S ALL HE EVER WANTED..HER MONEY, NOT HER OR HER SON. !  Sadly.

I like Sheri very much !

Trusted Contributor

I remember that and agree with you. I didn't see your post until after I posted my thoughts. I think we are of the same thoughts about dear old Sal. See if you agree with what I just wrote.

Valued Contributor

Paying support for the child is one thing, but Sal receiving that check every month is quite another.  He's a deadbeat.

Super Contributor

I don't feel sorry for her, this is something she once wanted and signed all the legal papers and she is old enough to know better. I felt sorry for the poor little child. I hope he has a wonderful life.