Honored Contributor

Sherlock - 2017 - New Season - Possible Spoilers!

So yesterday was the first of Sherlock 2017.  I came into the show closer to the end, so I can't comment fully because I will go back today and watch what I DVR'd.

I will say that all of the previews I've read talked about how Sherlock had to learn that he was no longer Dr. Watson's #1 or even #2 now that Mary has entered the picture and .....moving forward (in this episode) Watson and Mary's little baby girl.  (Info:  The advertisements all talk about the baby so I'm not spoiling things).

I am mainly reminding my friends here that yesterday was the first  show.  I realize it was easy to overlook because it is unusual for anything to appear in this Country until after every holiday, not ON the actual holiday.

If you forgot about it coming on, I'm sure you can go to ON DEMAND and see the first episode.  I will say it introduces you to a less smug, full of himself, Sherlock.....(but for how long....hee hee!).

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Sherlock - 2017 - New Season - Possible Spoilers!

Sherlock's first episode this season was a real shocker. Poor Watson. He did not deserve what happened. The episode was engrossing and upsetting at the same time. I am definitely a Cumberb*tch.

Honored Contributor

@Vivian Count me in as one too!  I am now re-watching it.  I'd missed the first part and caught the end.  Now I'm watching all of it again.

I missed parts of it the first time so I always watch it at least 2 times.

Is Watson messing around on his wife before she dies?

Valued Contributor

The season finale is going to be shown at select AMC theaters.
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

I am in complete shock!!!!  Why did they do that?  I loved Mary.  The producers said that it had nothing to do with the characters' marriage in real life ending.  I have to wonder.  They said that they wanted the focus to return to being on Sherlock and Watson.  How is that going to happen with a baby in the picture?  I doesn't seem like the producers thought this through.  We'll see.

Paws and enjoy life.
Trusted Contributor

Wow, tonight's show was a shocker again!  The woman who played the therapist is a talented actress.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@dosey wrote:

I am in complete shock!!!!  Why did they do that?  I loved Mary.  The producers said that it had nothing to do with the characters' marriage in real life ending.  I have to wonder.  They said that they wanted the focus to return to being on Sherlock and Watson.  How is that going to happen with a baby in the picture?  I doesn't seem like the producers thought this through.  We'll see.

What happens to Mary Watson is canon in Conan Doyle's books, although of course not the 21st C specifics.  Amanda Abbington says she was told when she got the part, though again, the specifics were unwritten at that time. They all knew all along.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I like the old sherlock , with jermey brett.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.