Respected Contributor

I stopped watching WW months ago so not aware of Sherri Shepherd standing in for her but thanks for the info, I will watch it tomorrow

Respected Contributor

Didn't know about the guest hosts, either.  Last time I tuned in, it was a rerun.   Would've liked to see Leah.  I know she can be a bit much at times, but she's a hoot!  

Esteemed Contributor

I do not watch Wendy Williams, but hate to see anyone going through such adversity. How awful for her that she must do so publicly.😐 I like Sherri, and will tune in based on the accolades posted here. Thank you!😊

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Honored Contributor

@lovesallanimals wrote:

I stopped watching the Wendy Williams show a while back as I just cannot stand her.  When I saw that Sherri Sheperd was hosting, I watched it this morning and OMG I could not stop laughing out loud.  She is hilarious.  She has the most infectious laugh and is just so full of joy. She has the an incredible wit and I enjoyed this show so much, will watch her all week.  I wish they would replace WW with her.  She is a breath of fresh air.  Not snarky, nasty, or mean spirited.  Even Norman seemed so at ease with her.

I have been watching her and I have to agree.  She is fantastic.  Norman looks so happy. And when Wendy is there he is constantly having to correct her or actually step in and tell the correct story.  With Sherri everyone seems at ease.  Instead of rotating they should just let Sherri do it.  When they have the panels I do not watch. I had stopped watching Wendy because she is so mean with her comments.  I know this is how she got famous but it gets to be too much.

Honored Contributor

I was a fan of Sherri up until this happened:

From WIKI (in part)

"Shepherd became engaged to writer Lamar Sally on December 26, 2010.  The couple married in Chicago in August 2011 and separated in May 2014. Following the split, Shepherd and Sally welcomed a son via surrogacy in August 2014; Shepherd does not have a biological connection to the child, as he was conceived using a donor egg. The following year, a Pennsylvania appeals court ruled that Shepherd was legally responsible for the child after she challenged the surrogacy contract and sought to remove her name from his birth certificate"

As far as I know, she is currently paying child support as well as alimony to her 2nd ex-hubby.

She's been on my celeb censored.giflist ever since.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Trusted Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

From WIKI (in part)

"Shepherd became engaged to writer Lamar Sally on December 26, 2010.  The couple married in Chicago in August 2011 and separated in May 2014. Following the split, Shepherd and Sally welcomed a son via surrogacy in August 2014; Shepherd does not have a biological connection to the child, as he was conceived using a donor egg. The following year, a Pennsylvania appeals court ruled that Shepherd was legally responsible for the child after she challenged the surrogacy contract and sought to remove her name from his birth certificate"

As far as I know, she is currently paying child support as well as alimony to her 2nd ex-hubby.

I remember reading about this, also.  Did her ex-husband keep custody of the child?  

So Sherri thought she could place an "order" for a baby like you can order a piece of merchandise, and then cancel the order when she no longer wanted it.  

How very sad for the child.

Honored Contributor

@SandySparkles wrote:

I do not watch Wendy Williams, but hate to see anyone going through such adversity. How awful for her that she must do so publicly.😐 I like Sherri, and will tune in based on the accolades posted here. Thank you!😊

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Wendy has been so cruel to people in the past, it would be nice if she would be a little nicer.  I noticed she has not thanked any of the hosts.  She said something about thanking the company.  It seems like her ex  husband was the one thing holding her together.  Maybe thats why he stayed so long.  Who knows.

Honored Contributor

WW is not my cup of tea.

I have zero respect fo SS

Honored Contributor

@DottieBlue wrote:

@Mz iMac wrote:

From WIKI (in part)

I remember reading about this, also.  Did her ex-husband keep custody of the child?  

So Sherri thought she could place an "order" for a baby like you can order a piece of merchandise, and then cancel the order when she no longer wanted it.  

How very sad for the child.

@DottieBlue  Yes, he did, and there was a long drawn out court battle over child support.  She wanted absolutely nothing to do with the child and didn't want to pay support since child has no biological connection to Sheperd but was conceived using Sally's sperm. How can someone with a conscience do that to a child?  

Trusted Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch 

No one with a conscience could do that.  And she claims to be so religious.  She touted her religous beliefs when she was on The View with Elisabeth Hasselbeck.  What a phoney.