Honored Contributor

@Hooty wrote:

Waiting on everyone's opinion, was disappointed that it was only an hour long, very strange & confusing!!!

@Hooty- I recorded it and watched most of it in real time. But kind of nodded off, so I have to finish it up tonight. 

My very first thing is I had to really turn the volume up to hear what everyone was saying, and I’m not hard of hearing. It just seemed like they were mumbling and talking quietly.  

It’s definitely strange, but I want to hang in there with it. A least for a few episodes. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Respected Contributor

Because DH loved the book I watched the show with him but there were parts that I could not make sense of so I downloaded the book last night.  I'm speed reading to finish before the next installment or at least be a little ahead of it.  

The portrayals of alcoholism and distant parent are spot on.

Honored Contributor

I watched it and thought it was okay. I like to give a show more than one chance ( although I rarely ever drop a show). The actress that plays Camille ( Amy Adams) as a young girl looks very familiar to me. I just watched It on Saturday I'm thinking that's where I saw her.

Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh, I agree about having to turn up the volume, I could never figure out anyone's name, LOL!

Valued Contributor

DH and I found it slow.I hope the pace picks up.All those flashbacks were very confusing trying to figure out who was in them. Definitely not a show to watch when sleepy.I will give it a few more episodes.

Esteemed Contributor

I agree with the posters, but will be interested in the next episode::

**difficult to understand - turned on close captioning

**very confusing -- am not a fan of movies that are more flashback than real time

**lots of characters - not well "introduced"

**surprised only 1 hr -- most kick off shows are 2 hours

Trusted Contributor

Sound was not good for me either.  Going to give another go next week.  Really got tired of all the drinking and they certainly didn't spend much in the wardrobe department!

Valued Contributor

I watched and liked it more than I thought I would.  One reviewer who was given advance showings said that the first 3 episodes are slow and part of the set-up for the remainder of the series.  He urged readers to stick with it and said it may be the best series of the year.  I'm not ready to give it that award.  I find the alcoholism tough to watch but I've already set the dvr to record next week's episode.

Honored Contributor

Re: Sharp Objects-HBO

[ Edited ]

I was just on Facebook and an article from New York Magazine popped up on my newsfeed. Believe it or not, it was talking about the “whispered dialogue on tv dramas” and they specifically mentioned Sharp Objects. The person who wrote the article said the show was good, but that she had a hard time following the dialogue sometimes. 

We are not Alone!

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

@Estates wrote:

DH and I found it slow.I hope the pace picks up.All those flashbacks were very confusing trying to figure out who was in them. Definitely not a show to watch when sleepy.I will give it a few more episodes.

@Estates

I dozed off during the episode and then tried to watch it again to see what I'd missed.  Dozed off again.

I'll keep trying until it becomes impossible to stay awake.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~