Honored Contributor
On 3/6/2015 game-on said:

I have seen Mark Cuban make an offer and also NOT allow anyone else to participate until he gets an offer.... I have seen "Mr Wonderful" do the same thing.... so I don't fault Lori for this. I feel like it is their money.... they can put their own conditions on it. The sharks criticizing each other makes me laugh..... they all have been "the bad guy/gal" at one time or another... are they perfect ...NO.... are we perfect.... NO....

No, that wasn't what happened, Gamey. The presenters had only just begun and she cut in and made her offer. They never had a chance to present to anyone else because she said take the offer and don't tell anyone the rest or we pull the offer. The audience didn't even get to hear the rest of it! It was not fair and that's why the other three walked off.

Honored Contributor

"Mr. Wonderful"'s name is Kevin O'Leary.

I love Shark Tank. I even have a Squatty Potty (from Amazon, NOT from Lori) and I love it!

Honored Contributor

My husband watches this show and seems to really enjoy it. He's always telling me what's going on, even though I don't care. So I just nod and wait for him to be done. ha! I don't care for Lori G and that Mark guy either. They both just seem like real jerks to me.

I have to admit, however, that I didn't like Lori G from QVC - so way before this show. I didn't like the whole disingenuous thing with her saying she invented stuff that she didn't invent.

Honored Contributor

chicken, you made me laugh and reminded me of two things. If you have children, remember when they come in and go into this long spiel about Johnny and bla bla and your eyes glaze over and suddenly you think...."OK this is important I need to say the right thing" so the kid thinks I'm paying attention". Also, my late husband used to be just like that and I'd think, "This will end soon. This will end soon". We'd laugh and say we both did that. I guess you can do that when you've been married as long as he and I had been married 38 wonderful years. We were 19 when we got married.

Thanks for the memory and the laughs.

Valued Contributor
The other thing about that walk-out was that the product was an internet thing (i've forgotten what ) and Lori and Daymond have no internet experience and that is an area of expertise for the other three sharks so they were also upset that not only did they not get to make an offer, but they felt the entrepreneurs got the worst help possible. Lori just said "oh we'll just hire people to help with that."when Mark Cuban pointed out that issue.
Honored Contributor

It was an app (don't know how to spell it) that would make it easier to connect with all of the college money available to kids. Previously, a kid would have to search on their own and try to find it. Something like that.

mew, you explained it exactly. It's even the way Kevin explained it on the radio show. That's exactly what Damien and Lori said, "We'll just hire someone".

Honored Contributor

I have never, ever cared for her. You would have to watch that particular show to really understand what happened. She was really bad. I was so disgusted, I wanted to punch the t.v.! Robert walked off and said he had to leave before he said something really mean to Lori. I like Barbara and Robert the best. Lori does just take credit for other people's ideas and inventions, I think. I do think, however, a certain amount of courtesy and sticking to rules should be adhered to even if they are sharks!!!

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Esteemed Contributor

I watched the first time last night, and I thought she came off arrogant. I won't watch again. Why does she continue to sell on the Q? They said she has over 1 billion in sales from the Q..geesh..! Why not retire and go away..jmo!

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Honored Contributor

Personally I think the Q pays the production company for Lori's appearances because basically she is product placement for QVC. They get so much free advertising from it.

She is not nearly as successful as any of the others and they are all self-made. Someone above said they don't like Mark. I love Mark. He built his own empire, like Daymond and Robert and Barbara and Kevin, and they are all billionaires where Lori is not. She is like a fish out of water which is why I think she's there to advertise QVC.

Trusted Contributor
On 3/6/2015 LoriLori said:

"Mr. Wonderful"'s name is Kevin O'Leary.

I love Shark Tank. I even have a Squatty Potty (from Amazon, NOT from Lori) and I love it!

Lori..... I cant find the Squatty Potty from Lori anywhere.... I find it only from its original inventors on the net.

I still believe that all of the sharks are jerks at time.... and that this event may have stood out as a time when Lori G did this ..... but it has happened on a smaller scale by the others.... however, it is their money and they can make the rules....