Honored Contributor

Last week I was listening to an interview on XM Radio Entertainment Weekly with O'Leary he told about the 3 Sharks walking off of the set.

He said because of that (he felt John and Lori Grenier did not follow a code or the rules) some of the way the show will be run will be changed. Lori, especially said she didn't think she did anything 'wrong', it's business.

They even interviewed Barbara (who wasn't present) and she said had she been on the show, she'd have walked off with the other three men.

I've never thought much of Lori Grenier because I used to watch her gloat and take credit for inventing things other people had invented and SHE'D brought to QVC.

O'Leary was very well spoken and was totally different than he is on the show.

Honored Contributor
Annabelle, walked off what set? Their show? Why did they walk off? I watch the show but not all the time. Who is O'Leary?
“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

Annabelle, thanks for this. This is the type of thing Keri used to post and I miss that.

I can't stand Lori for the same reason as you. Creations BY Lori Grenier. No, it's creations BY other people that she puts her name to. Yes, she makes them piles of money but no other shark puts their own name on someone else's invention.

And every one of the others sharks are much, much more financially successful, and more successful in other ways, than Lori. And they had to do it all without a built-in tv audience.

Mrs.Foxie, they walked off because Lori would not let them continue their presentation. She stopped them a few minutes in and made an offer and Daymond joined and she said if you keep talking I'm pulling the offer. So she bullied them into not being able to present their product and the facts to the other sharks because to do so would be to risk her deal. It was unfair and unethical (and thanks, Annabelle, now I know what I suspected, that it's also against the rules) and the others walked off the set.

Valued Contributor
On 3/6/2015 LoriLori said:

Annabelle, thanks for this. This is the type of thing Keri used to post and I miss that.

I can't stand Lori for the same reason as you. Creations BY Lori Grenier. No, it's creations BY other people that she puts her name to. Yes, she makes them piles of money but no other shark puts their own name on someone else's invention.

And every one of the others sharks are much, much more financially successful, and more successful in other ways, than Lori. And they had to do it all without a built-in tv audience.

Mrs.Foxie, they walked off because Lori would not let them continue their presentation. She stopped them a few minutes in and made an offer and Daymond joined and she said if you keep talking I'm pulling the offer. So she bullied them into not being able to present their product and the facts to the other sharks because to do so would be to risk her deal. It was unfair and unethical (and thanks, Annabelle, now I know what I suspected, that it's also against the rules) and the others walked off the set.

Thanks for your post. We DVR Shark Tank and I thought it was really out of line that she wouldn't allow them to finish their presentation unless they took her offer; I was even more surprised that Daymond went along with her on that.

She claims her "unique creations...." when in fact, they are not all hers. Maybe some of them are as I do not watch her on QVC, but to take credit of them is wrong IMO.

Robert Herjavec (sp?) is probably our favorite shark on the show. Can't wait to see him on DWTS.

Honored Contributor

He's the guy they call (and he kiddingly (weird spelling) calls himself "Mr. Wonderful". He's a pain in the neck on the show but he was interviewed for I'd say maybe 10-15 minutes and he was very well-spoken, not a jerk, answered every question without trying to avoid answering. I was really impressed by him (not many people impress me). I didn't catch his name when they introduced him because I'd just gotten in my car (XM radio) but the minute I heard his voice I recognized it.

He said that show is actually a lot longer than people see. The people standing up there are there way longer than we see and they don't know who's coming in and what they're showing BEFORE the show.

http://www.businessinsider.com/shark-tank-fight-over-scholly-2015-2

They pretty much agreed that if you want to upset Lori mention something negative about QVC, it throws her off of her game for a short time. I think that's funny.

Also, one gets asked often, "If you have so much money why do you wear the same suit". He said it has to do with production. The show is edited to make it look like it is continuous. However, an inordinate amount of time might pass between when someone presents the product to when they agree or disagree to use it. The same clothes makes it look like the entire time was only an hour. NOTE: I've read that many/most shows are done like that.

Trusted Contributor

I like Robert H. the best, too! He is kind to people and his story of his immigrant parents is touching.

I often wondered why the sharks were wearing the same clothes in many episodes! I watched the Shark Marathon a few weeks back and I counted at least 6 shows where Lori and Barbara had on the same dresses!! I guess they film several episodes at a time.

Thanks for the info on this show, I enjoy it!

Trusted Contributor

I have seen Mark Cuban make an offer and also NOT allow anyone else to participate until he gets an offer.... I have seen ""Mr Wonderful"" do the same thing.... so I don't fault Lori for this. I feel like it is their money.... they can put their own conditions on it. The sharks criticizing each other makes me laugh..... they all have been ""the bad guy/gal"" at one time or another... are they perfect ...NO.... are we perfect.... NO....

Honored Contributor

Got it. Thanks, LoriLori. I love the show but forget to catch it sometimes.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Esteemed Contributor

I love this show I wish they would put it on earlier in the evening. I know of Lori Grenier from QVC but have never watched her shows and I know ""Mr. Wonderful teases her about QVC. I like all the other sharks and I think they bring a lot of information and knowledge to the table for those up and coming entrepreneurs. I'm still not feeling Lori though and this is the most I've ever watched her.

Honored Contributor
On 3/6/2015 HisElk said:

Thanks for your post. We DVR Shark Tank and I thought it was really out of line that she wouldn't allow them to finish their presentation unless they took her offer; I was even more surprised that Daymond went along with her on that.

She claims her "unique creations...." when in fact, they are not all hers. Maybe some of them are as I do not watch her on QVC, but to take credit of them is wrong IMO.

Robert Herjavec (sp?) is probably our favorite shark on the show. Can't wait to see him on DWTS.

Hi HisElk! I have never watched her on either show, but I have always suspected her of being a fake. Maybe it's not actually a "scam," but it's darn close to it, IMO.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986