Honored Contributor

🦈 Shark Tank Seasons 10-13 🦈

My take on this show.  It's a long post so bear w/me.

I am a newbe to this show.  For the past month I've been binge watching Shark Tank starting from season 10 up to current season 13.

The show is not what I thought it was about.  I thought the contestants were people who just started a business and/or invented something & needed investors $$$ to get a jump start.

WAS I WRONG!!!!!

Most of the contestants are already well established, some already have investors, their products are in major stores, food businesses doing quite well, etc.  They need the Sharks expertise, business & in some cases contacts in selling nationally & international.  One guy (a meanie) has great social media skillzs as well as influiencers.

When the contestants & Sharks starting throwing around numbers & $$$ before & after the negotiations, my mind goes blank.  Sharks are taking notes yet, contestants are rolling out numbers & $$$ from memory! Smiley Surprised  I have no clue what is going on or what all those numbers & $$$ mean.  To make matters worse, child contestants under 12 yrs of age can roll our the numbers faster than the Sharks can ask the question!  Math is NOT my forte. hidemf3.gif

What I don't think is fair about this show:

#1 - All children contestants get offers. 

#2 - Contestants "sob" stories involving death of an immediate family member will guarantee offers especially if Niagara Falls tears start flowing from the contestants.

I do not think it's fair for all the other contestants who have no "sob" stores to tell.

I've learned to fast forward w/a quickness when I see #1 & #2.

I like all the regular Sharks even the guest Sharks.  One of the lady Sharks (Lori?) I believe use to be a vendor on QVC.

There was a posting last month about the Manscape commercial.  Well, I saw the segment w/the guys who started that company.  Those guys accepted (Lori's?) offer.  She stated she will present it to QVC! Smiley LOL  I checked & couldn't find it. Smiley Tongue

What I've learned: 

If I was ever on the show, I would need a "partner" who can run the numbers & $$$ off the top of their heads AND know what it all means.

Another partner who can speak manufacturing & production languages.

A motor mouth negotiator who can out talk the Sharks.

Don't ever ask for $1 mililon dollars or more. Smiley LOL

Shark Tank - Season 13

Station:  CNBC

Sunday-Thursday

Time: 8:00-11:00 (3 hours)

THE END

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

Re: 🦈 Shark Tank Seasons 10-13 🦈

I've watched Shark Tank  from the beginning, and I have seen many  children that do not get offers. 
And if a presenter doesn't know the financials of their business, they shouldn't be on the show.  

The meanie you refer to is Kevin O'Leary who also sells wine on QVC. 

He is very straightforward, I would be also if I was investing large sums of money. 
If Lori Grenier was talking about taking a product to QVC, it has to be an old episode. Lori left QVC years ago. 

Honored Contributor

@deeva 

And if a presenter doesn't know the financials of their business, they shouldn't be on the show.  

You got that right!  When the presenter starts fumbling the numbers, you can hear the "I'm Out" echos. Smiley LOL

The meanie you refer to is Kevin O'Leary who also sells wine on QVC. 

He is very straightforward, I would be also if I was investing large sums of money. 

Actually, he's my favorite Shark.  He tells it like it is so the presenters can go back to the "drawing board."

If Lori Grenier was talking about taking a product to QVC, it has to be an old episode. Lori left QVC years ago. 

Yes it was an old episode.  I started watching from season 10.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

I got bored with the whole thing and quit watching after about 2 or 3 years.  The real winners on the show are the sharks who've had huge business successes due to the publicity they've received.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

I really enjoy this show and even the re-runs.  I think that there are some life lessons in each and every show.  When my 12 yr old grandson is here during Summer and also Holidays we consider this " must see tv" and he is already thinking like an entrepreneur.  

Honored Contributor

th.gif

Frequent Contributor

SOB stories work on all tv shows like  AGT  AMERICAN IDOL  THE VOICE  SHARKE TANK  DWTS.

Valued Contributor

When the grandkids went to the movies on that Saturday special the theatres had, they went to see JAWS....

GUESS YOU WERE IN IT !

Esteemed Contributor

I enjoy the show and have watched for years.  I don't enjoy when the sharks are impolite to the contestants.  There is absolutely no need to make fun of their products 

or their ambitions. Just say - this is not a product for me.

I like that Kevin gets straight to the point - money,  But I don't like that he is rude and and seems to take joy in humiliating the inventors, like saying "you're a squashed cockroach to me"!!   

I can't stand Barbara and turn off the show if she is on.  She also seems to like humiliating the contestants. In the past, I have heard her tell several - "I don't like you".

I would like to be the one person to tell Kevin or Barbara - I didn't want a deal with you anyway!!

Honored Contributor

I enjoy watching Shark Tank and think you've summarized it very well @Mz iMac.