Trusted Contributor

Re: Shannon and David Beador Separate!!!

Sad news but probably best for the entire family. The kids look so uncomfortable in scenes where they're all together and Shannon and David are interacting. Clearly this marriage has not been good for awhile. 

Honored Contributor

Yes they have zero chemistry. He never smiles. The writing has been on the wall so to speak.

Esteemed Contributor

He checked out a long time ago. He was never interested in her and it showed.

Honored Contributor

I just posted on Sunshine's thread that I was wondering about the reunion. If it isn't filmed yet she might address the separation. They seemed to have nothing in common. She always said he didn't support her but she didn't support him either IMO.

Honored Contributor

It's always sad when a marriage ends.  It's a kind of death.  I agree that most could see it coming.  I haven't even watched any of the recent shows this year.  Even last year you could see it coming.

I would think in a way they are both relieved that it's out in the open.  I remember she and he both weren't happy about her recent weight gain.  That's always a killer in a marriage.  I'm sure there were other things.

So sad because (as usual) it's always the children who suffer.  I do agree sometimes it is necessary for people to end a marriage, but it's still hard on the children.

Honored Contributor

FINALLY!

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

It's always sad when a marriage ends.  It's a kind of death.  I agree that most could see it coming.  I haven't even watched any of the recent shows this year.  Even last year you could see it coming.

I would think in a way they are both relieved that it's out in the open.  I remember she and he both weren't happy about her recent weight gain.  That's always a killer in a marriage.  I'm sure there were other things.

So sad because (as usual) it's always the children who suffer.  I do agree sometimes it is necessary for people to end a marriage, but it's still hard on the children.

@Annabellethecat66  Many people gain weight during a long marriage, and it isn't automatic that a divorce will ensue.  If the guy is shallow, that is another story.

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl Usually it's the males who are more concerned about their wives gaining weight.  I've known a few females who were upset about their husband's gaining weight but it was never an issue like it often is with males.

I've seen several marriages fail because the wives gained weight and the males started messing around (I'm sure there might be other reasons but the main one is often if the wife gaines weight and the husband doesn't think she's sexy to him anymore.  

I think usually (there are always exceptions to everything) the females are more forgiving about weight gain.  If young women today want to make changes in society one of the changes they should work on would be changes in the divorce laws.  They are atrocious for women who stay at home and get divorces.  They are expected to live on pretend money.

I've known several stay at home females who found themselves getting divorces (husband's wanted them.) and it has been nightmares for these women.  Trying to get the husband's to give them money to live during the divorce (which often takes 1 to 2 (if lucky) years).  Many times these women are in their 40's and have been housewives with the male the sole supporter.  

Don't get me started on how terrible it is.

I've always thought it was terrible that husband's expected women to be the same size they were when they were first married (after they've had children and some medical issues).

Then someone said to me.."Annabelle, I don't think it's wrong for men and women to expect both people in the marriage to stay within a reasonable weight".  I think (as I said) women are more forgiving in that area than most males are unless the males have gotten fat too and even then I've seen the males fat as wales and they STILL think their wives should be slim.  

I'm overweight.  I think it's good to love yourself.  However, I don't think it's healthy to be grossly overweight.  I think it's wrong for people to (what I call "Make friends with your fat").  I think if you loose weight you should do it for yourself and your health.

Respected Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@elated wrote:

I read the article on E!Online. Just Google her name and the article will come up.

This is no surprise their marriage has been on the downward spiral for many years. I would bet that David has another woman.

This has been a loveless marriage and they have decided to quit pretending. Hopefully, all will be well with their children

Their children are old enough to deal with it.  I am sure that the kids felt the uneasy relationship that the parents had.  

Children are NEVER old enough to deal with the dissolution of their family.

Even adult children can be adversely affected.

Trusted Contributor

@Annabellethecat66  Any spouse that cheats because the other spouse gained weight never truly loved their spouse! 

If someone decides they want to have an affair, they should end their marriage. I've never seen a marriage truly survive an affair. They may stay together but thoughts of that affair linger in the mind of the one who was cheated on forever. They may forgive but they will never forget.