Respected Contributor

Re: 'Sex and the City' Reboot WITH SPOILERS!

Liked it!  Glad the couples stayed together, and fun to see their families.  Didn't really miss Samantha, so far.  

Super Contributor

I originally got hooked on STC because of Samantha.  I really enjoyed her character and miss her.  However, this reboot feels like an entirely new show.  I'm enjoying the diversity and inclusion of other interesting characters.

Trusted Contributor

@threecees   HBO / HBO Max has many people confused.  I have HBO but I also have HBO Max and all I had to do was register through Xfinity, my cable provider.  Just a suggestion, call your cable provider and ask if you have free access to HBO Max.

Esteemed Contributor

I just started watching it On Demand.   I like it so far. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

My reply has spoilers.

I watched the first 2 episodes on HBO, and I'm not real fond of this new series. IMO the characters were made into more of their extremes rather than mellowing with age.

I'm not sure what Carrie's journalism goal was in the earlier series, but an article I read said that the women were continuously looking for love and a mate. Carrie's job in the new series is incongruous with that goal so far.

I also didn't understand why she didn't call for help when she found Big, which would've helped more than sitting there. Did that make for better TV?

Miranda's Steve is portrayed almost as if he has early dementia instead of the level-headed character he had been in the earlier series, and blame is put on some hearing loss.

And was an elitist appearance the most important aspect to Carrie when mourning & honoring the person she loved? I think this was the main factor that caused me to find the new series a bit tacky.

Trusted Contributor

What’s the point of this thread if you can’t discuss the show because some people (who might not even have HBO Max and are not able to watch it anyway) complain about spoilers? I’ve been blasted by at least two different posters for discussing the plot in a thread that clearly warns SPOILERS. People can post on any thread they want, but shouldn’t complain about spoilers being revealed in a thread clearly identified as having SPOILERS because you clearly run that risk.
Trusted Contributor

I watched the first three and I'm out. Loved the series 20 years ago but this is just a little too "woke" for me. Too much of an agenda being pushed and it's not entertaining for me.  

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@threecees wrote:

The first two episodes were on regular HBO last night. I don't have HBO Max

but they gave us a teaser for the folks who don't have that.

@threecees  I saw it too on regular HBO by accident surfing the channels.  I just finished watching both episodes and think eventually we will see them all.

I loved the series and the first movie.   I will continue watching if they continue showing some episodes on HBO but certainly would not sign up to HBOMax for it.

I enjoyed the first two episodes but was not overwhelmed.

Worth a watch in my opinion if you can.

PS.  I too agree it's a bit too much on the "me too", "woke", or whatever it is called business - mostly caused by Miranda.  Charlotte seems to be the same in character and her kids are cute. lol.

Respected Contributor

@threecees wrote:

The first two episodes were on regular HBO last night. I don't have HBO Max

but they gave us a teaser for the folks who don't have that.

I was confused about this as well.  I have Verizon fios (which does not have an HBO MAX channel.  However, if you subscribe to HBO, you can get the HBO MAX app for free and watch it that way.

Super Contributor

I watched the most recent episode and am enjoying the show, thus far.  It's great to see that these characters have continued to grow and are awake enough to realize that they are not still living in the 90's.