Honored Contributor

Re: Seven Little Johnstons (Spoilers for sure.)

@Snoopp wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@Piperdellilah wrote:

I also love this show, it is one of the few reality shows that i actually believe is "real".  I haven't watched last nights episode yet but i did know about them moving from prior sneak peeks. I do think its funny though that most reality shows with non famous people like little people, teen mom etc. are always upgrading houses and cars by season 3 or 4.  Not that there is anything wrong with it, just an observation.  Season 1 broken down caravan and old house, Season 3 brand new Honda Odessey and much bigger newer house lol. 

@Piperdellilah.  You do realize they all get paid to be on these shows. Why wouldn't they upgrade things in their lives? They don't appear on the shows for free.

I'm sure she realizes they get paid. Lol.   The salaries must be going up based on some of the recent purchases.  A new boat is probably next.🛥

@Snoopp.  So, they seem to be condemned for making a better life for themselves. but I guess everyone here knows best what the family should do with their money.

Honored Contributor

When the kids saw the lake and the size of the house - of course, they were happy. I hope they get the house.   I am happy for this family as they are not poor but don't have much and this program is helping them out.  Five kids is a lot to feed and dress.  I also believe the program enables them to take part in certain activities that they would not be able to afford.  I give them so much credit for adopting children that are little that other people do not want.

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@Snoopp wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@Piperdellilah wrote:

I also love this show, it is one of the few reality shows that i actually believe is "real".  I haven't watched last nights episode yet but i did know about them moving from prior sneak peeks. I do think its funny though that most reality shows with non famous people like little people, teen mom etc. are always upgrading houses and cars by season 3 or 4.  Not that there is anything wrong with it, just an observation.  Season 1 broken down caravan and old house, Season 3 brand new Honda Odessey and much bigger newer house lol. 

@Piperdellilah.  You do realize they all get paid to be on these shows. Why wouldn't they upgrade things in their lives? They don't appear on the shows for free.

I'm sure she realizes they get paid. Lol.   The salaries must be going up based on some of the recent purchases.  A new boat is probably next.🛥

@Snoopp.  So, they seem to be condemned for making a better life for themselves. but I guess everyone here knows best what the family should do with their money.

I think it was more of an observation than condemnation.  

Regular Contributor

@Snoopp wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@Snoopp wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@Piperdellilah wrote:

I think it was more of an observation than condemnation.  

@SnooppThank you! That is exactly what i said in my initial post, just an observation.  I never once put them down for spending their money or said how they should spend their money, i would do the exact same thing!

Honored Contributor

@Katcat1

also like how that dad tells the kids about driving...that  it is a privilage and it can be taken away!

He is very stern that they drive correctly and be serious about it!

It's about family values..

love how he talks sexy to his wife and she giggles...

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Honored Contributor

Was sad to see that the deal on the brick house fell through.    Hoping there is a turn of events and it all works out; they were all so excited for that home.

I believe last night was the season finale, so I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Esteemed Contributor

I was really impressed with Trent and the way he handled those kids who were calling the family derogatory names at the amusement park.  I was shocked they received multiple offers on their house the first week it was on the market and with the first open house.  I'm hoping the red brick house still works out for them.  The whole house thing just had a "production" feel to it.  I think next season we'll find out that the owner of the red brick house will have a change of heart and negotiations took place and the Johnston's got that house afterall.  I'm probably wrong but as I said....the whole thing just appeared to be driven by production.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

@shoptilyadropagain wrote:

I was really impressed with Trent and the way he handled those kids who were calling the family derogatory names at the amusement park.  I was shocked they received multiple offers on their house the first week it was on the market and with the first open house.  I'm hoping the red brick house still works out for them.  The whole house thing just had a "production" feel to it.  I think next season we'll find out that the owner of the red brick house will have a change of heart and negotiations took place and the Johnston's got that house afterall.  I'm probably wrong but as I said....the whole thing just appeared to be driven by production.

I agree with all of your comments, and with your prediction that a deal will be negotiated with the brick house.  Do we know when this show's new season will begin?

Honored Contributor

Yesterday, was the first show I watched. So I don't know the names of the kids. But I am so impressed that when the girl went shopping for a dress for the Father Daughter Dance that she had several options to pick from. And the dress she picked was stunning. I am not sure if the Mother had made arrangements with the shop or the shop already had dresses for the occasion. But I am sure it made the girl feel good to just walk into a store and buy a dress that fit and she really liked.

I also agree that the Father handled the amusement park name calling situation well. But so sad that it happened. But I am glad the kids know that he is looking out for their best interest.