Valued Contributor

@dulwich - So funny!  Last night, DH came into the room to see what I was laughing at.  I rarely laugh out loud at anyhing on TV,  When he saw what it was, he quickly turned and walked out.  

I think the only other TV show I ever laughed so much at was Seinfeld, back in the day.  No wonder - LD was involved in that.  I think I remember reading he based the character of George on himself.  

Just as an aside, years ago while visiting England, DH and I saw a play called "Run For Your Wife."  We both had a good laugh.   We have visited England many times and hope to do so again.  :  )  

Valued Contributor

Wonder what it is about Larry that turns off the men so much?!

Honored Contributor
@dulwich And I love the British sense of humor. As a teenager I loved watching, with my father, David Frost's witty That Was The Week That Was. When I saw Monty Python's first movie at the movie theater, I was doubled up (physically) laughing so hard that I missed a lot of good lines. John Cleese esp cracked me up with that dead parrot.

The British can be very clever. So happy you like one of our shows so much.
Respected Contributor

@Tessa Mendoza   Oh goodness we saw Run For Your Wife at the Shaftesbury theatre when it first opened.  If I remember correctly Richard  Briers  was in it who was very well known actor in U.K. 

I totally love Seinfeld too another great show - did not know LD was involved in it - seem to like his stuff.  DH did not watch Seinfeld either!

Respected Contributor

@Pearlee  Loved That Was The Week That Was and DH adored Monty Python  a great favourite dead parrot! John Cleese was very funny.

It’s good to have a real out loud laugh and Larry David does  it for me every time.

Respected Contributor

@Annabellethecat66   Sounds like you worked for the Commonwealth! Aussie, Kiwi and Brit there’s a handful lol - well done you - glad you enjoyed it.  

Yes, I go home every 3-6 mos when I can as we still have our home there - DH goes back for business stuff though we rarely manage it together.  We spend lot of time here with our DD who needs help.  I hope to go home for the Trooping of Colour in June as we have family who will be on parade so like to cheer them on but at the moment we are mostly here in CA.

Honored Contributor

I adore Larry David But I can understand why some might not.

His ex-wife directed the last episode.

Like Seinfeld, it’s a show about...well..nothing..really.🤔

Esteemed Contributor

My family loves this show. As my daughter says, through laughter, GEEZ, SCAN THE ROOM, DUDE.

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I can't stand Larry David.  

If my husband puts him on I will leave the room and find something to do in the kitchen or put the television on in the bedroom.