Trusted Contributor

I have seen 3 episodes of this new series on HGTV. I have really enjoyed it. Clinton Kelly is the host (take the buyers) to find a home. I like Clinton that was part of the draw.

But the people looking for the homes I find likeable and rather humble. 

Not your typical awful house hunter, with their whining and demands.  

Esteemed Contributor

was surprised to see Clinton went from fashion to realtor!

Respected Contributor

@nana59 wrote:

was surprised to see Clinton went from fashion to realtor!

@nana59 

With a cooking show in between!

Respected Contributor

@lenapecci wrote:

I have seen 3 episodes of this new series on HGTV. I have really enjoyed it. Clinton Kelly is the host (take the buyers) to find a home. I like Clinton that was part of the draw.

@lenapecci 

I felt the same way, really relatable nice house shoppers.

Respected Contributor

Re: Self Made Mansions HGTV

[ Edited ]

@lenapecci wrote:

@lenapecci 

I just looked it up and it said it stars 1/8 @  8 pm.  Did I miss the preview or something?

I'll watch a few and see if I want to continue.  I do like Clinton Kelly. 

I can't remember the last time I watched HGTV.  Same old shows and the new ones don't interest me but I am looking forward to Ty Pennington's and The Next Design Star The Next Generation.

Honored Contributor

I hope they are going to keep the new shows on regular tv, that they're not just a tease and them move them over to Discovery+ that is launching tomorrow.

The more commercials I see for the streaming service makes me think it's going to get all the new stuff and new seasons. 

Trusted Contributor

@SWEET   I first saw the listing on my Tivo guide two weeks ago. 

The first episode was 1 hour with the same couple. The next episode was two diferent couples 30 minutes each. 

I did not know there was going to be a Design Star. I will have to keep an eye out for that show. 

Respected Contributor

@lenapecci wrote:

@SWEET   I first saw the listing on my Tivo guide two weeks ago. 

The first episode was 1 hour with the same couple. The next episode was two diferent couples 30 minutes each. 

I did not know there was going to be a Design Star. I will have to keep an eye out for that show. 

@lenapecci 

I'll have to see what episode # it is on 1/8. 

No date yet for the new design star.

Respected Contributor

I watched Self Made Mansions with Clinton Kelly and it was pretty good and I like him so that helped.

I liked the contrast of the people looking for houses and how they showed 2 different types of budgets and couples in expensive areas of FL vs. GA.  Not sure if I'll be watching more though.

I tried to watch Tybreaker with Ty Pennington but ended up FF after watching it only for a few minutes.  The usual fixer upper show but I've always enjoyed him and his wit and his crazy humor.