Esteemed Contributor

@sunshine 919 I'm not sure how Ashley can expect help with her kids by interviewing another woman who already has FIVE kids of her own. A couple teenagers to boot. Good Lord !

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Esteemed Contributor

@pattypeep I forgot about that woman with the five kids.  Yeah, seems kind of ridiculous that they would even consider her.  That would just add more work and stress to their lives.  

Honored Contributor

@Citrine1wrote:

@sunshine 919 @colliemom4  I just read that Ashley is interested in having a physical relationship with whomever they choose as their sister wife.  The whole polygamy deal seems different with them than the other families.  Doesn't seem like it has much to do with religion.  Not that I'm judging.  Live and let live.  

edited for spelling error

@Citrine1  I wonder if the women know that? Cat LOL

Honored Contributor

Re: Seeking Sister Wives

[ Edited ]

I don't see how it would work out with all these kids being around either. There used to be a series on Showtime where some of the participants were a married couple that married another woman. They both had a relationship with her. Plus the entire time they all three continued to seek out other lovers and even let them live in their home for periods of time. It got pretty graphic, and was just all too much for me. I'm no prude, but I'm not interested in shows like that either. There was also another couple shown with similar um interests but they had kids. I have no idea where the kids were when this was going on. They only had 2 and they were quite young. The first couple had no children.

Esteemed Contributor

@colliemom4  Whatever happened to gold ole TV shows like I love Lucy? Twin beds and smoking cigarettes. Now, no smoking on TV shows, but you can pretty much show everything and anything else !!

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Honored Contributor

@pattypeepwrote:

@colliemom4  Whatever happened to gold ole TV shows like I love Lucy? Twin beds and smoking cigarettes. Now, no smoking on TV shows, but you can pretty much show everything and anything else !!

@pattypeep  Yes, we don't need to see/know everything for a show to be good. Besides, some things are better left unsaid and unseen lol.

Super Contributor

This show has no appeal to me. 

Deep In The Heart of Texas
Esteemed Contributor

@colliemom4wrote:

I don't see how it would work out with all these kids being around either. There used to be a series on Showtime where some of the participants were a married couple that married another woman. They both had a relationship with her. Plus the entire time they all three continued to seek out other lovers and even let them live in their home for periods of time. It got pretty graphic, and was just all too much for me. I'm no prude, but I'm not interested in shows like that either. There was also another couple shown with similar um interests but they had kids. I have no idea where the kids were when this was going on. They only had 2 and they were quite young. The first couple had no children.

Eww, I remember that show.  They were all odd (in my opinion).  And you're right, it was a bit much for me too.  Ugh.  

Honored Contributor

Anyone watch this last night? Kind of a weird ending with all of the Utah gangs. I wonder if any of these people will do other shows? I see there is a new show on next week, I believe. I can't recall the name of it. TLC is really pushing the concept of sister wives.

Esteemed Contributor

I thought last nights season finale seemed like an abrupt ending @colliemom4.  April was on my last nerve, seeming like she wanted everyone to "beg" her to move to Oregon with them.  Ugh.  I think the second wife, Auralee, was really sweet in her conversation with April.  

The more time I spent watching Melina, the odder I found her.  I think the family is better off without her.  I don't have any opinion about Jeff one way or the other, but I really like both Sharis and Vanessa.

I don't think Demitri was feeling all warm and fuzzy towards that friend of Ashley's that they met with.  You could see he didn't have a connection with her, yet he didn't seem to want to admit it.  I guess they'll just have to continue on with their search.  

I wonder if this show will come back?  I already have my DVR set to record that new show that starts next week that you were referring to -- Three Wives, One Husband.  It might stink, but I'll at least watch the first episode.