Honored Contributor

What a sorry "excuse" for condoning bigamy......   These men belong in prison.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Esteemed Contributor

None of the guys on this series are prizes either.

Respected Contributor

Re: Seeking Sister Wife

[ Edited ]

@RainyDayGal wrote:

I watched last season, and I can watch Sister Wives, but some reason I cannot watch Seeking Sister Wives. It just turns my stomach.

I think I might know why this is harder to watch because I felt the same way. It dawned on me. On Seeking Sister Wives we see the man be affectionate with the sister wife in front of the 1st wife in nearly all of these relationships.

On Sister Wives...that NEVER happens. They pledge not to. They simply don't interact that way in front of each other. 

Honored Contributor

@sophiamarie    She is not famous just a young woman that got together with the Snowdens.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

TLC is my go to channel for mindless television but I just can't watch this one.

Another one I can't watch is The Blended Bunch.  There's something off about that whole scenario.  Apparently her youngest was still a baby when they married, so how long was she a widow before she remarried?  It couldn't have been very long.

Honored Contributor

@colliemom4 wrote:

@sophiamarie  I can't stand the Snowden wife and I see nothing special about him. I can't believe they make the wives go on a non-alkaline diet for extended periods of time before meeting up with them sexually either. I think they aren't happy and never will be lol.

ITA with you about the women wanting friends and thinking these sister wives relationships will do the trick. Many admit it. Too bad it's going to do the exact opposite to their relationships.

That Snowden wife is awful.  She actually seems like she wants someone to help her with her kids.  Thats the first impression I got the first season.

I totally agree that these women want friends.  sisterwives is a perfect example.  When show started years ago they all lived in the same house and they all took care of each others kids.  As soon as the younger kids were older they really didn't need each other anymore and they were never really friends.  So when they moved to Vegas they each had their own home whcih worked out great.  

Contributor

I watch this train wreck on Sunday nights too.  The couple that divorced after 13 years so they could marry the women from Brazil is like a combination of sisterwives and 90 day fiance!  Anyway, the new wife is so touchy-feely it's weird.  The first wife is starting to realize this was a bad idea.  The lavish wedding, the sleeping arrangement, the husband's uncontrollable pda!  Yikes.  If I were her, I would run!

The couple that has the pregnant women.  They seem robotic to me.  Strangely unemotional.  Maybe the lifestyle is so traumatizing to the women, they are just numb.

The snowdens.  Well, what can you say.  They are strange.  I feel sorry for the children.  They are going to be very confused with all these strange women coming in and out of their young lives.

The couple that were moving furniture into a new place are odd too.  The first wife seems normal to me and the husband (the king) just wants lots of pretty women around.

Until next week!

Honored Contributor

Re: Seeking Sister Wife

[ Edited ]

@CRAZYCATLADY wrote:

I watch this train wreck on Sunday nights too.  The couple that divorced after 13 years so they could marry the women from Brazil is like a combination of sisterwives and 90 day fiance!  Anyway, the new wife is so touchy-feely it's weird.  The first wife is starting to realize this was a bad idea.  The lavish wedding, the sleeping arrangement, the husband's uncontrollable pda!  Yikes.  If I were her, I would run!

The couple that has the pregnant women.  They seem robotic to me.  Strangely unemotional.  Maybe the lifestyle is so traumatizing to the women, they are just numb.

The snowdens.  Well, what can you say.  They are strange.  I feel sorry for the children.  They are going to be very confused with all these strange women coming in and out of their young lives.

The couple that were moving furniture into a new place are odd too.  The first wife seems normal to me and the husband (the king) just wants lots of pretty women around.

Until next week!

The one woman with the king does not get along with him at all. He seems like a jerk! I saw a clip of Ashley Snowden talking about acting school. This was back in 2016. I have a feeling she only wanted to become famous. I wonder if they are actually even into this lifestyle?

Respected Contributor

@Sweetbay magnolia wrote:

@RainyDayGal wrote:

I watched last season, and I can watch Sister Wives, but some reason I cannot watch Seeking Sister Wives. It just turns my stomach.

It's pretty cringe-worthy, I agree.  Of course, though, I have watched it.  The way I understand things, there are many different lifestyles, many choices people are (of course) free to make, but doing it on TV?

It's not even about the lifesyle.  It's just too voyeuristic for me.  I'm not interested in their wooing and the first kiss, first time in bed, etc. I think I can tolerate Sister Wives (except for stupid Kody) easier because it's more about the individual women and the family, not about who the next "love interest" is going to be.  Which is what I see SSW to be more about. 

Esteemed Contributor

@CelticCrafter wrote:

TLC is my go to channel for mindless television but I just can't watch this one.

Another one I can't watch is The Blended Bunch.  There's something off about that whole scenario.  Apparently her youngest was still a baby when they married, so how long was she a widow before she remarried?  It couldn't have been very long.

The backstory on this couple is quite interesting.  Her husband died of a genetic disease that a few of her children inherited.  Very sad.  The new husband lost his wife in a car accident where he was driving and went through a red light, allegedly.  I think they met online and he moved to Utah quickly after that and they married.