Esteemed Contributor

I have no words.......

Honored Contributor

@sophiamarie You couldn't pay me to watch this. The previews were bad enough.

Honored Contributor

It seems the husband is the one that makes out haviing all the different wives.  Now the Snowdens lost their first wife and I was wondering if she was always stuck with the 3 kids is the reason she left.  Just a thought.  It is a bizzare life and certainly not for everyone.  The family that really is too much for words is the simple husband with 2 wives looking for another.  He is certainly no prize so he is in his glory with 2 wives and now maybe 3.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@sophiamarie  This show has been on for about 3 years maybe? I don't know how much of it is real, but I read an article recently about how 99% of arrangements like this usually don't last. I couldn't believe the one woman on the show divorced her husband so they could bring in a foreign sister wife.

Esteemed Contributor

@colliemom4   I can't believe my eyes..... This couple was married for 13 years and decide to get a divorce so they can bring someone over here, who they NEVER met in person????  Personally, I think these people are all nutso.... The "wives" do it because they have no friends in real life, so this is their "bestie".....  Love the way they call each other "sister".... LOL  

I can't stand the Snowdens either.  Love it when she says "we are courting"..... Really???  She's courting her sister wife, but he is the one who goes on a private date with her and sleeps with her.  What does the first wife get out of all this anyway??  Hubby gets to have his fun and wifey number one, stays home with the kiddies....  Such fun.   LOL

Esteemed Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

It seems the husband is the one that makes out haviing all the different wives.  Now the Snowdens lost their first wife and I was wondering if she was always stuck with the 3 kids is the reason she left.  Just a thought.  It is a bizzare life and certainly not for everyone.  The family that really is too much for words is the simple husband with 2 wives looking for another.  He is certainly no prize so he is in his glory with 2 wives and now maybe 3.

@Katcat1   Hi - Was the first sister wife someone we should know?? Her name is Vanessa Cobbs and she lives in Australia with her sister.  She does some stuff on the internet but I don't know what it is... I hear her name mentioned a lot and just wonder if she is someone we have heard of before......Any help would be appreciated.... TIA

Respected Contributor

I watched last season, and I can watch Sister Wives, but some reason I cannot watch Seeking Sister Wives. It just turns my stomach.

Esteemed Contributor

@RainyDayGal wrote:

I watched last season, and I can watch Sister Wives, but some reason I cannot watch Seeking Sister Wives. It just turns my stomach.

It's pretty cringe-worthy, I agree.  Of course, though, I have watched it.  The way I understand things, there are many different lifestyles, many choices people are (of course) free to make, but doing it on TV?

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

@sophiamarie  I can't stand the Snowden wife and I see nothing special about him. I can't believe they make the wives go on a non-alkaline diet for extended periods of time before meeting up with them sexually either. I think they aren't happy and never will be lol.

ITA with you about the women wanting friends and thinking these sister wives relationships will do the trick. Many admit it. Too bad it's going to do the exact opposite to their relationships.

Honored Contributor

@sophiamarie  Vanessa had a wedding ceremony to the Snowdens last season. It was nice but odd. They did a foot washing at the wedding. Vanessa was pretty and seemed normal. Her family, mom and two sisters, seemed concerned and expressed that to her but there was only so much they could do and tried to make the best of her decision. I read that she's living with/near her twin sister now in Australia. They were originally from Washington state. She didn't have any children. I don't understand what they get out of marrying a couple with kids either.