Honored Contributor

Four part Nat Geo series available on the Nat Geo channel, Disney+,

and HULU. I binged the series on HULU.

It is a companion to the book of the same title by Dr. Paula Kahumbu and

Claudia Geib.

Dr. Kahumbu explores in person the three different classifications of these amazing creatures in three different areas of Africa and one classification in SE Asia.

Take note especially of the relationship between the tea farmers and the elephants in SE Asia working together to eliminate the need for chemicals resulting in organic tea farming.

The book is available from Barnes and Noble and I believe Amazon but seeing these extremely intelligent and resourceful animals along with Dr. Paula's explanations is more than I expected and I learned a great deal.

🐘👍❤️

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Trusted Contributor

Re: Secrets of the Elephants

Such wonderfully caring and intelligent creatures. I will try to remember to watch it, sounds fascinating.

Critter Lover! (especially cats!)
Honored Contributor

Elephants are so smart and protective of each other....thank you for this recommendation!

Honored Contributor

Thanks for this, @Cakers3 ! 

I love elephants and just turned on Episode 1.

Esteemed Contributor

@Cakers3  Thankyou. I'm an absolute elephant nut!  One of the highlights of my life was going to a place in Indiana where a small group of people were allowed to wash elephants, thrilling. It wasn't like a zoo or them performing type of thing. 

There is a wonderful Elephant Sanctuary in Tennessee,  you can contribute to the great things they do. Retired circus elephants and other cases thrive there. Look them up!

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Frequent Contributor

Thanks for this heads up.   I adore elephants.  They are so magnificent.   I found it's on demand on my cable platform.  Saved and can't wait to watch.

Honored Contributor

@Cakers3 

Thank you!🤗

I watch" Wildearth Safari" drives every day from South Africa and most all the times we see the ellies, among  other wild animals.

There is also a dam cam that can be watched 24/7 both have chats,

The animals roam from different reserves and in Kruger National Park.

Anyone wanting to watch must make a account  with a password  and its free to do so.

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Honored Contributor

Wish they would do a series on gorillas. My favorite.

Remember , Jethro Bodine saying "go-rilla" LOL always cracked me up.   Beverly Hillbillies.

Esteemed Contributor

I saw a show about elephants years ago hosted by Goldie Hawn.  She said I always cry when I look at elephants.  And I thought "I'm not the only one who does that!"  It's just a crazy emotional reaction I can't explain.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth