Honored Contributor

I've been watching it and it's definitely disturbing. I knew about some of it because my daughter read Holly Madison's book when it first came out and shared some information with me. The 15 year old that was in a relationship with one of Hef's girlfriends dad was supposedly in a relationship with Hef for years.

Honored Contributor

Re: Secrets of Playboy

[ Edited ]

I found the previews depressing enough. You couldn't pay me to watch this "documentary."

Esteemed Contributor

@colliemom4 wrote:

I've been watching it and it's definitely disturbing. I knew about some of it because my daughter read Holly Madison's book when it first came out and shared some information with me. The 15 year old that was in a relationship with one of Hef's girlfriends dad was supposedly in a relationship with Hef for years.

I haven't watched this week's episode and I never read Holly Madison's book.  However,   there's something about her that rubs me the wrong way.  She plays too much of a victim, in my opinion.  I don't doubt that awful things happened and women were treated poorly, but I don't think she is being truthful about her involvement with Hef.  I think she now regrets that part of her life and is trying to make us believe she was "forced" into certain situations.  

Honored Contributor

Holly said she has Aspergers and that it contributed to her involvement with PB. Okay, whatever.icon_rolleyes.gifShe seems to be doing rather well financially and if not for PB that wouldn't be the case. If I were her I would keep my mouth shut. Like they say..."people in glass houses..."

Honored Contributor

I haven't seen this new episode yet, but I've been watching and finding it pretty interesting.

Honored Contributor

About 20 years ago, I was a member of a local book club.  Another member told us of being a Playboy 'bunny' at the Lake Geneva club during the 1970's.  Unless she was hiding negative information, she said it was a wonderful experience.  She met a few important people and had access to the corporate yacht.  I don't remember her ever speaking of abuse or harassment by her superiors.  She did say that the work was harder than it appeared, and that there were physical metrics that had to be met monthly.   

Honored Contributor

I have a cousin who was a Playboy Bunny at the Hollywood Playboy Club and I thought about her, wondering if she saw, or experienced, stuff like that there.

I don't know about anything if she was ever at the mansion, however.

Honored Contributor

I have never liked Holly or the other two women on The Girls Next Door. I don't know if any of you have ever watched it. It came on E! and was popular in the early 2000's. I didn't watch it but my daughter did.

Holly went to Vegas and had her own show/shows then married and divorced a guy after having 2 kids. It looks like she came out pretty well despite the trauma she claims to have endured. I'm not saying she didn't suffer any, but I believe she wrote the book as most people do which is for money.

Honored Contributor

@colliemom4 wrote:

I have never liked Holly or the other two women on The Girls Next Door. I don't know if any of you have ever watched it. It came on E! and was popular in the early 2000's. I didn't watch it but my daughter did.

Holly went to Vegas and had her own show/shows then married and divorced a guy after having 2 kids. It looks like she came out pretty well despite the trauma she claims to have endured. I'm not saying she didn't suffer any, but I believe she wrote the book as most people do which is for money.

I watched that show some and then Kendra had a show of her own, which I also watched.

On thing I noticed on this Playboy show was that Holly looks vry beautiful.  I saw that there were some changes and, of course, she mentioned having to have some plastic surgery back then to please Hef.

I remember a show he had ages ago that was a party with some famous folks there and, near as I can remember, he just milled around talking to the different people.  It was probably a late night show.

Honored Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

Anytime power, money and sex is there, women will be exploited. This has always been true, past, present and future.

These women were drawn in by the money and glamour. They made bad choices and won bad prizes.

Let's hope women get smart and this never happens again.  

@Carmie I agree.  Many bad choices are being marginalized now. And even if it isn't your fault, bad choices like this affect your life.