Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Have you seen the new show on tv called SECRETLY PREGNANT?  The couples are trying to hide from their family and or friends that they are pregnant.  What I would like someone to explain to me is how, with the cameras stuck up in the faces of everyone involved, do the unknowing ones not figure something is up?  What does the pregnant one say , "Oh, I've just got a lot of cameras following me for no reason?"  Any ideas on this?  What does the pregnant woman say to keep the others in the dark?  Maybe I missed that part.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Secretly Pregnant tv show

I watch a lot of what some to consider garbage on TV but I wouldn't watch that or things like 90 day fiance, not a fan of the Survivor shows, Naked and Afraid and all that ******, Yup I know the names of them because the commercials for them are endless.

In my opinion its garbage but too each their own.

Honored Contributor

@sarahpanda wrote:

Have you seen the new show on tv called SECRETLY PREGNANT?  The couples are trying to hide from their family and or friends that they are pregnant.  What I would like someone to explain to me is how, with the cameras stuck up in the faces of everyone involved, do the unknowing ones not figure something is up?  What does the pregnant one say , "Oh, I've just got a lot of cameras following me for no reason?"  Any ideas on this?  What does the pregnant woman say to keep the others in the dark?  Maybe I missed that part.

Sunnyskies, I think the people are told they are being filmed for something else and then they are blindsided.  I watched a little.  That mom with the teenagers who are pretty much taking care of themselves is she married?  The girl who is having twins whats the scoop on her? 

Respected Contributor

I bypassed that one to watch Baywatch with Dwyane Johnson last night. 

Honored Contributor

I watched a couple of episodes last night. The OCD dad of the pregnant hairstylist was something else. He looked and acted crazy. I don't know how or why this 30 year old would or could stand to be around him for as long as she had. Her mom was very strange as well.

Each time I was pregnant I didn't gain that much weight but you could still tell I was pregnant at a certain point. Some of the parents are heavily in denial IMO if this is even real. I've never believed the women saying they don't know they are pregnant either. There's a TLC show called I Didn't Know I Was Pregnant. Sorry but I'm  not buying it! Especially towards the end of your pregnancy how in the world would you not know? You're pretty uncomfortable by then and can't wait to give birth.

Respected Contributor

@sarahpanda wrote:

@sarahpanda 

Website screenrant agrees with you:

"We'd like to start by saying: how is it a secret pregnancy if you're making a show about it? A camera crew is following these people around, what do these people think, they've become super interesting for no reason over night? Nothing is more obvious than a camera man following someone's every move ..."

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sarahpanda wrote:

I haven't seen this show (yet), but I always think the same thing with these type of shows.  On shows like "Intervention", they tell the people who are having the intervention that they are doing a documentary about the lives of drug addicts, so that the actual intervention is a surprise. And, on 90 Days In (might be called something else), they film inside a prison with "outsiders" planted inside.  They tell the inmates that they're filming an overall story about prison to keep the identity of the "outsiders" a secret. 

Regular Contributor

FYI these episodes are from 2012  old show.  not sure if new episodes will eventually happen?

Honored Contributor

@Leelee1123 

"If" i would have watched..i always check the dates of shows in info part.

So, i had no idea while reading this   until i read your post that it wasn't new!...tyvm..Heart

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Honored Contributor

I didn't know it was from 2012. You can't really tell just by watching it. I just had my tv turned to that channel and it came on. I've never seen this show but some strange things do come on TLC lol.

Did anyone see where the gal pregnant with twins mom was in a restaurant with her and she said she needed more wine and turned the glass up and told the server she needed more? I thought it was funny.