Honored Contributor

Re: Season Three The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel

I am not liking this season at all, I watch episode 1, past of 2 and turned of 3, I do not think I am going to finish the season

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

I'm probably the odd woman out, but I don't like this series. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Lisa now in AZ 

Answer to your spoiler, ME!

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Esteemed Contributor

@TurnerGal wrote:

I just finished season three and I loved it,  my favorite so far.  I had a really hard time getting into season one.  The dialogue was a lot like a play and kind of drove me crazy. I had to force myself to finish season 1.  I reluctanly started season 2 and I really enjoyed season 2.  I am not sure if the "dialogue" is now more like a TV show, or if I am just used to it.  I do wish there were more episodes for season 3.  Does anyone think Shi is supposed to be Johnny Mathis?  Is the Jane Lynch character supposed to be Lucy?  Anyway I like all the romantic options for her.  The Lenny episode was very romantic.  I think she will eventually end up with Joel, which is good.  She also still drives me crazy about her "mothering" skills.  I think she cares more for her dresses than her kids. I think the actors are all great, love the show.

@TurnerGal  - interesting points! I also thought that "Shy" was based on Johnny Mathis. I hope JM's life is happier than Shy's was, as I adore him. It never entered my mind that Sophie's character was based on Lucy. That is one obnoxious character!

She's really not mother-material. I think she forgot she has a daughter! I'd like to see her back with Joel, since I believe they both still love each other. Time will tell.

I read a review which said next season they are going to get into Susy's sex*ual orientation, since it's never been discussed. It said that she once mentioned she didn't know who and what she is, but I can't remember her saying or insinuating that. Should be interesting; she's a wonderful character.

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Respected Contributor

@sunala 

I find I have to be in the right mood to watch Mrs. Maisel.  Her voice is sometimes like fingernails on a chalk board!  When the mood is right, I really enjoy the show, but when it's not right I just can't watch.  

Respected Contributor

I love this show.   That being said, I don't think Sopie's character is based on Lucy.  I think her character is more like Phyllis Diller.

Honored Contributor

@sunala  Mr Cherry and I felt the same way. I don't know what it is about season 3's but we didn't care for the Crown  3  either

I disliked the fact they are trying to make    Midge out to be a dingbat ,who doesn't know when to shut up, when she does her act. She isn't stupid or mean, or the type to  use people.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm really not liking this third season at all.  I've watched 4 episodes.  I have to force myself to watch the rest I guess.

I can't stand Susie or Sophie..  

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Now I am thinking that maybe binge watching is not a good idea. I watched Seasons 1 and 2 all in one weekend and all of Season 3 in a day, so maybe that is why the characters can seem annoying? That is just too much of them? 

If that is true about Season 4, that it will explore Susie's personal life, then, no thanks. I don't care. Like many of us have said, when there are too many side stories, like Shy this season, then the show loses the focus. 

I agree that maybe Shy COULD be Johnnie Mathis, but Sophie was definitely NOT Lucy. Lucy was a well established film star by that time. I do hope that she is not on the show again. A little of most characters played by Jane Lynch go a long way.

LOL - sorry @sunala! I am glad you were surprised.

Trusted Contributor

@sunala wrote:

@TurnerGal wrote:

I just finished season three and I loved it,  my favorite so far.  I had a really hard time getting into season one.  The dialogue was a lot like a play and kind of drove me crazy. I had to force myself to finish season 1.  I reluctanly started season 2 and I really enjoyed season 2.  I am not sure if the "dialogue" is now more like a TV show, or if I am just used to it.  I do wish there were more episodes for season 3.  Does anyone think Shi is supposed to be Johnny Mathis?  Is the Jane Lynch character supposed to be Lucy?  Anyway I like all the romantic options for her.  The Lenny episode was very romantic.  I think she will eventually end up with Joel, which is good.  She also still drives me crazy about her "mothering" skills.  I think she cares more for her dresses than her kids. I think the actors are all great, love the show.

@TurnerGal  - interesting points! I also thought that "Shy" was based on Johnny Mathis. I hope JM's life is happier than Shy's was, as I adore him. It never entered my mind that Sophie's character was based on Lucy. That is one obnoxious character!

She's really not mother-material. I think she forgot she has a daughter! I'd like to see her back with Joel, since I believe they both still love each other. Time will tell.

I read a review which said next season they are going to get into Susy's sex*ual orientation, since it's never been discussed. It said that she once mentioned she didn't know who and what she is, but I can't remember her saying or insinuating that. Should be interesting; she's a wonderful character.

I think someone else mentioned the timing was not right for Lucy.  I did see the woman that wrote the series on a show and she said the real "Mrs. M." was her father and she adapted the writing for a woman. So Sophie could also be a man, or just a character she made up.

I think it would be interesting to find out more about Susy.  I think she mentioned she was a lawyer at one point.  I think some people didn't like this season because it branched out to other characters.  I think if the show keeps going they will have to branch out to other characters to keep it interesting.