Honored Contributor

Re: Season Premiere Of Dancing With The Stars

The Lochte incident was a topic today on The Talk, Sharon Osbourne did not speak in his favor, neither did Sara Gilbert. Sharon said he shamed his country and it was only a month ago, and for now he should steer clear of the limelight.

Honored Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:

Wow!  I would be very careful about not giving grace towards someone who has apologized and is trying to do better.  You never know when you might need the same thing yourself.  

@Laura14

I agree .... I am not giving him a free pass, by any means, but the level of anger seems rather disproportionate.  I don't understand the hostility.   I say, give the guy a chance to redeem himself, and let's see how it goes.   

Respected Contributor

There's more to the story than the authorities in Brazil would like to admit. Yeah, Ryan was wrong, but you might want to look at the investigation done by USA Today magazine. 

Trusted Contributor

@Reba055 wrote:

There's more to the story than the authorities in Brazil would like to admit. Yeah, Ryan was wrong, but you might want to look at the investigation done by USA Today magazine. 

Just have a question about USA Today article.  There is a ton of information out there about the incident.  Is the article you refer to in a specific USA Today magazine?  i.e., is it a September edition?  Sorry, I do not buy this magazine but you have peaked my interest.  If on-line, can you post a link to the article?

thanks so much.

Respected Contributor

@LogoFan wrote:

@Reba055 wrote:

Just have a question about USA Today article.  There is a ton of information out there about the incident.  Is the article you refer to in a specific USA Today magazine?  i.e., is it a September edition?  Sorry, I do not buy this magazine but you have peaked my interest.  If on-line, can you post a link to the article?

thanks so much.

@LogoFan Don't know how to post the link from my iPad but if you google USA Today Ryan Lochte you'll find it. 

Trusted Contributor

@Reba055 wrote:

@LogoFan wrote:

@Reba055 wrote:

thanks so much.

@LogoFan Don't know how to post the link from my iPad but if you google USA Today Ryan Lochte you'll find it. 

Thanks.  Will try that.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I had to miss this week, so I just watched the episode On Demand.  Very enoyable.  I think it will be a good season.  

My early season favorite is Laurie Hernandez.  I think she will add another shiny bauble, i.e. mirror ball trophy, to her collection of medals.  

I also think the race car driver, James, and Vanilla Ice (love him!) are also going to do very well and could make the finals.  James is very handsome, yum.  

The next tier for me would include Marilu Henner and the country singer, Jana.  

I think Gov. Rick or Maureen (Marcia) could be first to go.  

Everyone else is middle of the pack for me, time will tell who may break out.  I do have to say I really enjoyed Terra Jole.  Hope she sticks around.

I thought Ryan Lochte was pretty stiff but I also think he was probably a bundle of nerves and that the "incident" didn't help. 

Should be a good season. I'm stoked!  

Trusted Contributor

I was half asleep so cannot tell which one but one of the tabloid TV shows reported there could be some truth to the rumor that Lochte's PR people staged the incident.  Hopefully it generated enough sympathy votes to keep him dancing for awhile.  He is lucky Cheryl is his partner as she brings a lot of fans that have missed her presence on the show.

It seems a bit of a stretch that people would have t-shirts printed, make their way to DWTS and get on camera over Ryan Lochte.  He wasn't exactly a star of the Rio Olympics. 

Trusted Contributor

@bri20 wrote:

Marcia Brady is going to get on my nerves with all that crying...

I read she invited her Brady Bunch family and Florence Henderson was the only one to respond.

Honored Contributor

I don't believe at all that Ryan Lochte's people staged the incident.  I think it hurt him.  It certainly didn't help him at all.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau