Valued Contributor

Season 8 of Doc Martin starts today!

If you subscribe to Acorn TV, Season 8 premieres tonight!  Season 8 premiered in the UK yesterday and we only have to wait one day for the premiere here in the US!  I'm so excited.

Respected Contributor

Re: Season 8 of Doc Martin starts today!

@sueeich wrote:

If you subscribe to Acorn TV, Season 8 premieres tonight!  Season 8 premiered in the UK yesterday and we only have to wait one day for the premiere here in the US!  I'm so excited.

______

I don't subscribe to Acorn TV, but do get Doc Martin on PBS.  I had given up on this series and just figured it was never going to air season 8.  It seems like it has been at least two, maybe three years since it went into reruns.  In fact, I took it off of my "series record" because PBS was showing three year old reruns!  

Thank you for the heads-up on Doc!  Because of your post, I went into my record and programmed it for the new season.  According to my AT&T guide, it will show next Thursday, September 28!

Honored Contributor

Thanks for the heads up, it's bee a long wait.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Valued Contributor

@jpie wrote:

@sueeich wrote:

______

I don't subscribe to Acorn TV, but do get Doc Martin on PBS.  I had given up on this series and just figured it was never going to air season 8.  It seems like it has been at least two, maybe three years since it went into reruns.  In fact, I took it off of my "series record" because PBS was showing three year old reruns!  

Thank you for the heads-up on Doc!  Because of your post, I went into my record and programmed it for the new season.  According to my AT&T guide, it will show next Thursday, September 28!

My husband and I only started watching the show about 3 or 4 months ago.  My parents have raved about this show for years.  We'd watch it from time-to-time, but could just never get into it.  This summer we resubscribed to Netflix and started watching from the very first show and we were hooked!  But Neflix only has seasons 1 thru 6.  I discovered that Acorn has seasons 1 thru 7, so I decided to subscribe to Acorn based solely on the fact that it carried season 7.  Along the way, however, I discovered some other really good shows on Acorn.  So glad you'll be able to watch the new season, too!

Respected Contributor

Love, love the Doc Martin series.  OP, thank you for this information.

Respected Contributor

@sueeich wrote:

If you can get it on Acorn.  I received an email saying that if you have an Android, iPad or iPhone you can't see it on your tv.  I use the Apple remote and my iPad to show it on my tv.  I now have to go to Acorn tv dot com and watch it directly on my iPad.  What a pain. They are working on the issue. 

Respected Contributor

The Doc Martin character is one of the most interesting characters that I have ever seen on a well-written show.  Kudos to the actors and the writers.  Martin Clunes is brilliant as Doc Martin.

Valued Contributor

@GSPgirl wrote:

@sueeich wrote:

If you can get it on Acorn.  I received an email saying that if you have an Android, iPad or iPhone you can't see it on your tv.  I use the Apple remote and my iPad to show it on my tv.  I now have to go to Acorn tv dot com and watch it directly on my iPad.  What a pain. They are working on the issue. 

We use a Roku to watch Acorn on our TV and had absolutely no problems.  Watched the first show of Season 8 last night.  It was fabulous, as usual!  Can't wait for next Thursday to watch the next show.

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

@Big Sister wrote:

The Doc Martin character is one of the most interesting characters that I have ever seen on a well-written show.  Kudos to the actors and the writers.  Martin Clunes is brilliant as Doc Martin.

I agree with your comments wholeheartedly.  The writing is absolutely brilliant and Martin Clunes is fantastic.