Respected Contributor

I thought it was interesting that in Randall's "what-if" scenario, Kate ended up being just as heavy if Jack had lived thru the fire & I'm not sure that would have been the case.

Honored Contributor

Good point, aubnwa01.

Super Contributor

@lovesallanimals - maybe she'll rethink it and not go?

Respected Contributor

@Snooky60 wrote:

Snooky60:  The trial could very well be a good thing for her but the decision is not up to Randall.  I am starting to dislike his character intensly.

Honored Contributor

@lovesallanimals wrote:

@Snooky60 wrote:

Snooky60:  The trial could very well be a good thing for her but the decision is not up to Randall.  I am starting to dislike his character intensly.

I do feel Randall pressured Rebecca into going to the clinical trial, but I also get it. I took care of my elderly mother for years, she recently died, I knew her wishes of not being resuscitated or have a feeding tube, no extreme measures taken. It was the hardest thing I have ever gone through, seeing her suffer and not doing anything. Randall feels that maybe this trial can make a difference in the quality of life his mother would have, I can't blame him for trying anything so his mother could live longer and maybe not deteriorate as fast as she might.

Respected Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

@lovesallanimals wrote:

@Snooky60 wrote:

I do feel Randall pressured Rebecca into going to the clinical trial, but I also get it. I took care of my elderly mother for years, she recently died, I knew her wishes of not being resuscitated or have a feeding tube, no extreme measures taken. It was the hardest thing I have ever gone through, seeing her suffer and not doing anything. Randall feels that maybe this trial can make a difference in the quality of life his mother would have, I can't blame him for trying anything so his mother could live longer and maybe not deteriorate as fast as she might.

I think the irony is Randall pressuring Rebecca to go to the trial is what was taking place behind her while she was on the phone.  Kevin, Miguel, Kate, Toby, and Jack were having a great evening together laughing and playing.  This is what Rebecca will have to give up if she goes to St. Louis for a trial that may or may not work.

Next week should be really good.

Honored Contributor

I posted on the other thread, I think Sterling gave a sterling performance, his acting while on the phone with Rebecca was riveting. 

Honored Contributor

Shelbelle,

I am in full agreement with you about Sterling K. Brown's acting merit.  He is so exquisite in his delivery.  Convincing without any overloaded gestures or intonation.  He pulled me right into the quiet desperation of his request for Rebecca to participate in the trial.

This guy deserves an award! 

Honored Contributor

@golding76 wrote:

Shelbelle,

I am in full agreement with you about Sterling K. Brown's acting merit.  He is so exquisite in his delivery.  Convincing without any overloaded gestures or intonation.  He pulled me right into the quiet desperation of his request for Rebecca to participate in the trial.

This guy deserves an award! 

He has already one 2 Emmys, one for TIU season 1 and one for playing Chris Darden in the OJ movie. I loved him on Army Wives a while back. 

Respected Contributor

@aubnwa01 wrote:

I thought it was interesting that in Randall's "what-if" scenario, Kate ended up being just as heavy if Jack had lived thru the fire & I'm not sure that would have been the case.

True, but how were they going to have her in the scene and not be heavy.