Honored Contributor

@lovesallanimals wrote:

I am so confused!  Who the heck is the woman in the military supposed to be.  She kept talking about her son.  Then she meets Nicky outside of the meeting.  I don't know if this is the past or the present, as they keep jumping the storyline around and it is starting to annoy me.  

Cass served in the military and has now returned home. She is married and has a young son. The marriage seems to be hanging by a thread. Cass is in some kind of therapy group for those that have served in the military, Nicky threw a chair through the window, she was in the group. Cass I believe will meet Kevin on Tuesday's episode.

Trusted Contributor

I think Cassidy might be Nicky’s estranged daughter. Alcoholism runs in families: Jack, Nicky, and Kevin, and possibly baby Jack. Maybe that’s how Cassidy fits in the storyline as a cousin to the Big Three. 

Honored Contributor

@Lisa Y wrote:

I think Cassidy might be Nicky’s estranged daughter. Alcoholism runs in families: Jack, Nicky, and Kevin, and possibly baby Jack. Maybe that’s how Cassidy fits in the storyline as a cousin to the Big Three. 

If you are correct, than I'm totally off base of Cassidy being Kevin's baby mama!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Season 4 This Is Us

[ Edited ]

@golding76 wrote:

Count me among those excitedly looking forward to the new season.  This show falls into my pantheon of certain TV dramas that captured my attention and fidelity in my adult years. 

In my time, I've loved St. Elsewhere, Thirtysomething and now This Is Us.  I'm so thankful for This Is Us because such shows are rare (at least, that I like). 

@golding76  Ken Olin (from thirtysomething) is a director/producer on This Is Us.  When I saw his name in the credits I knew this show would be great!!

Esteemed Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

At first it was so confusing, I thought I was watching the wrong show, but then it all came together at the end. Fogelman loves to stir things up, making you use your imagination

@Shelbelle  I also checked and rechecked the channel I was watching !!  By the end of the episode I was begin to see the connection (or possible connection) with the  core characters. I watched it again On Demand to be sure !! 

Honored Contributor

Timothy Omundson (sp) who plays a stroke victim and Kate's neighbor, actually had a stroke 2 years ago in RL that, according to him nearly killed him.

He is still recovering and his character is true to RL.

Wishing him the best.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

@Cakers3 

i remembered him from JUDGING AMY, but he looks so different now!

i wonder if he will be a recurring character?

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Re: Season 4 This Is Us

[ Edited ]

@sunshine45 wrote:

@Cakers3 

Sun, I never would have recognized him as Maxine's boss now, thanks for pointing that out , who he is. He was also in one episode of Seinfeld. 

Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

@Cakers3 

Sun, I never would have recognized him as Amy's bro now, thanks foir pointing that out , who he is. He was also in one episode of Seinfeld. 

@Shelbelle @sunshine45 

He was also Lassiter in the show "Psych". 

I did recognize him but didn't know about the stroke in RL.

The one I didn't catch right away was Jennifer Morrison from "House".  I usually do not pay attention to the names of actors in the opening of most shows.  I thought she looked familiar and then it finally hit.  lol

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

@Cakers3 

Sun, I never would have recognized him as Amy's bro now, thanks foir pointing that out , who he is. He was also in one episode of Seinfeld. 

@Shelbelle 

he wasnt one of amys brothers.......he was maxines (amys mother) boss/friend in social services.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein