Esteemed Contributor

Re: Season 25 DWTS Cast Announced

@Pearlee wrote:

How many times now has Maks cried wolf about not ever doing the show again?

Since the baby he's said the opposite in interviews - his quote: "babies are expensive!".

Honored Contributor

@Nicknack wrote:

I know who 7 of them are.  I hope Barbara Corcoran can dance, because I'd like to see Keo have a good partner.

@NickNack  That was my first thought too.  But then I thought she might be a little better known than a lot of them, from Shark Tank, and therefore get more votes, at least early on, which would keep her on the show.  I did know who she is.   

Keo deserves to stay on longer than he usually is able to.

Honored Contributor

I know 10 of the "stars". Let's face it, they use the word stars loosely. Stars don't need this show, those that appear are trying to reinvent themselves and jumpstart their careers. 

Esteemed Contributor

They're 'B list' celebrities. Either way, the show is such fun!  I try to get to live performances scheduled outside of the season. I  want to (& sometimes do!) dance up a storm when I see them in person!!

Honored Contributor

@Ibby114 wrote:

They're 'B list' celebrities. Either way, the show is such fun!  I try to get to live performances scheduled outside of the season. I  want to (& sometimes do!) dance up a storm when I see them in person!!

i agree @Ibby114. i like the show for what it is.

i dont care if they are A, B, C, or D list stars......i enjoy the show period.

i love watching the pros, enjoy seeing the improvements by the dancers, enjoy listening to the music, and the judges make it even more fun.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

I love the show. I watched the "reveal" on GMS today & it looks like a fun cast. 

I know most of them, by name, but it's just called Dancing With The Stars. They don't promise how famous, or current, the stars will be! LOL

I think using the term "stars" to include sports, tv, music, etc lets them pull together really great, eclectic casts.

I love that they try to include different ages & abilities. It makes it challenging for the Pros & interesting for the audience.

After 25 seasons the Pros are becoming stars in their own right. That keeps it fun, too, for me. 

It's just an entertainment show. Partly dancing. Partly popularity. Partly scripted by the show. 

It makes me happy to watch. Dancing. Costumes. Makeup. 

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

Nick Lachey?  The Nick Lachey who said he'd NEVER do DWTS?  Woman LOL

@Lipstickdiva  How long ago did he say that?  Was it around the time Drew was on?  Reason I ask is that his life has changed a lot since then -married, kids, etc.   People and circumstances can change.

Your post brings to mind Daniel Craig saying he'd rather slash his wrists than play James Bond again, and here is is in the next Bond film.  He said he made that earlier statement right after filming the last one and was in a totally different frame of mind than now (and of course all the $$$ offered to do another Bond film).   I can understand that occurring - depending on what's going on when you make a statement and then a lot changes since that time. And then of course there are all the celebrities who claim they'll move out of the country if person so-and-so (it has varied over the years) becomes president  which become empty words later on.

So anyway, was it quite a while ago he made that comment?  or more recently?

@Pearlee, I don't believe he made the comment recently.  I believe it may have been closer to after his brother won because I remember hims saying he would never do DWTS because his brother won and he couldn't go up from that.   

Trusted Contributor

Yay Alan is a pro this season! Finally! He's been a sub several times & have been looking forward to him moving up. He's so cute, too.

Honored Contributor

@StraytoStay wrote:

Yay Alan is a pro this season! Finally! He's been a sub several times & have been looking forward to him moving up. He's so cute, too.

Yes, I love Alan.  I'm so happy he's a pro this season.  I hope his partner can dance and they will stay on the show for a long time.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

If Nick Lachey doesn't win, his brother Drew will have bragging rights and laud it over Nick!