Reply
Respected Contributor
Posts: 4,703
Registered: ‎03-12-2010

Re: Season 2 “Big Little Lies” Summer 2019

@colliemom4  LOL I can’t remember her exact quote, but laughed when Bonnie just asked very matter of factly whether they could just kill her. And the doctor just looked at her and is like “we don’t just do that.” Then Bonnie comments under her breath that they do it for dogs.  But, if was just the first comment and how unemotional she was when she asked it.

 

In a Bonnie aside, I didn’t think her husband was so awful to her.  Maybe to Madeleine, but he seemed to have a different relationship with Bonnie and really loved her.  I think he even asked Ed to talk to her this season - and he hates Ed.  So, it was a surprise when Bonnie commented in her confession that she also blames her mother for making her marry someone that she doesn’t... and she sobs without finishing. Can’t one character at least have a happy marriage/relationship?

Honored Contributor
Posts: 12,035
Registered: ‎09-08-2010

Re: Season 2 “Big Little Lies” Summer 2019


@Alter Ego wrote:

@colliemom4  LOL I can’t remember her exact quote, but laughed when Bonnie just asked very matter of factly whether they could just kill her. And the doctor just looked at her and is like “we don’t just do that.” Then Bonnie comments under her breath that they do it for dogs.  But, if was just the first comment and how unemotional she was when she asked it.

 

In a Bonnie aside, I didn’t think her husband was so awful to her.  Maybe to Madeleine, but he seemed to have a different relationship with Bonnie and really loved her.  I think he even asked Ed to talk to her this season - and he hates Ed.  So, it was a surprise when Bonnie commented in her confession that she also blames her mother for making her marry someone that she doesn’t... and she sobs without finishing. Can’t one character at least have a happy marriage/relationship?


@Alter Ego  Lol. I guess we can't have a happy marriage or relationship this season. I do think Bonnie's husband loves her but I guess the feelings aren't mutual, or it least that's how it sounds. I wonder what's going to happen to her mom? I get the feeling she'll pass away. Just a feeling. We'll find out. So much anticipation!

Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,153
Registered: ‎05-01-2010

Re: Season 2 “Big Little Lies” Summer 2019

I want to see Celeste tear apart Mary Louise's fake calm. I think Perry may have told Celeste quite a lot about his Mother. His rage had to come from one of his parents. Glad to see Celeste taking back her power. I think Bonnie confessing to her mother is the first step toward confessing to the police.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 12,035
Registered: ‎09-08-2010

Re: Season 2 “Big Little Lies” Summer 2019

I just read that the Emmy nominations came out and Big LIttle Lies is ineligible for any awards this year. It's due to the fact that it's premiere date was past the academy's deadline.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 14,141
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Season 2 “Big Little Lies” Summer 2019


@colliemom4 wrote:

I just read that the Emmy nominations came out and Big LIttle Lies is ineligible for any awards this year. It's due to the fact that it's premiere date was past the academy's deadline.


Yes, I noticed that they weren't nominated for anything, so I thought something must have happened. That is really too bad! I would have liked to see Laura Dern and Nicole Kidman get awards.....

Honored Contributor
Posts: 9,909
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Season 2 “Big Little Lies” Summer 2019


@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

@colliemom4 wrote:

I just read that the Emmy nominations came out and Big LIttle Lies is ineligible for any awards this year. It's due to the fact that it's premiere date was past the academy's deadline.


Yes, I noticed that they weren't nominated for anything, so I thought something must have happened. That is really too bad! I would have liked to see Laura Dern and Nicole Kidman get awards.....


They’ll be eligible for next years awards. 


Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor
Posts: 12,035
Registered: ‎09-08-2010

Re: Season 2 “Big Little Lies” Summer 2019


@gidgetgh wrote:

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

@colliemom4 wrote:

I just read that the Emmy nominations came out and Big LIttle Lies is ineligible for any awards this year. It's due to the fact that it's premiere date was past the academy's deadline.


Yes, I noticed that they weren't nominated for anything, so I thought something must have happened. That is really too bad! I would have liked to see Laura Dern and Nicole Kidman get awards.....


They’ll be eligible for next years awards. 


@gidgetgh  That's good news except now we have to wait over a year to see it lol.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 8,966
Registered: ‎08-03-2013

Re: Season 2 “Big Little Lies” Summer 2019

I would like for Zoë Kravitz to be nominated.  She won't win but I think she deserves a nomination.

 

I haven't been engaged this season - nothing like the first one when one episode would end and I could hardly wait for the next one. The closer we get to the finale, the more I understand why @LoriLori  was so insistent there shouldn't be a Season II.

 

Some things should just stand...

~~~"They laugh at me because I'm different.
I laugh at them because they're all the same..."~~~
Honored Contributor
Posts: 14,141
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Season 2 “Big Little Lies” Summer 2019


@Tique wrote:

I would like for Zoë Kravitz to be nominated.  She won't win but I think she deserves a nomination.

 

I haven't been engaged this season - nothing like the first one when one episode would end and I could hardly wait for the next one. The closer we get to the finale, the more I understand why @LoriLori  was so insistent there shouldn't be a Season II.

 

Some things should just stand...


@Tique . I agree with you. I am not nearly as engaged either as I was Season 1. You are so right, sometimes things are best left alone...This season for me really dragged and I fell asleep a couple of times during the show...Season One was so good, there was no way they were going to top that, and this is proof- a big dud for me so far, and I know we only have what -1 or 2 more episodes? I also agree tha Zoe Kravitz was excellent this season and deserves a Nod.......

Honored Contributor
Posts: 8,966
Registered: ‎08-03-2013

Re: Season 2 “Big Little Lies” Summer 2019

Tonight is the finale. We'll see now many of these questions will be answered.

 

 

Big Little Lies's Season Two Finale Is Upon Us. These Are the Questions It Needs to Answer.

 

 

 

1. Will Renata finally kick her husband to the curb?

 

Gordon has single-handedly plunged the Klein family into bankruptcy with his shady business dealings (despite Renata's best efforts to not not be rich). And if that wasn't bad enough, episode six revealed that Gordon had been paying their nanny for sex. Renata isn't only the family's breadwinner, but its only functioning adult—and she can't afford to clean up after Gordon's toy train-collecting mishegas anymore. Let him have it, Renata.

 

big little lies season 2 reese witherspoon wedding dress
Madeline (Reese Witherspoon) tries on her old wedding dress.
Jennifer ClasenHBO
 

2. Can Ben really forgive Madeline?

 

After a whole season of marital distress, Ben and Madeline appeared to have a breakthrough in the last episode. Seeing his wife dressed in her wedding gown, dancing to one of their wedding songs, just may have been the "magic wand" Ben needed to mend his broken heart. Still, it seems strange for Big Little Lies to go through the trouble of reintroducing Tori, the wife of Madeline's onetime lover, only to have Ben turn down her indecent proposal.

 

3. Will Bonnie's mother recover from her stroke?

 

Sadly, Elizabeth Howard's prognosis is not looking good. And in the trailer for the season finale, Bonnie is shown watching her mother's hospital bed be rushed away by a team of doctors—not exactly a positive sign.

 

4. Can Jane trust Corey again, after he spoke to the police?

 

Jane has been struggling all season to overcome her past trauma and let Corey in—but just when she was making progress, she was given a reason to doubt him. Bonnie spotted the affable aquarium employee leaving the police station, and for a second there, the show let viewers believe that Corey might be a double agent. After Jane went looking for answers, though, he provided a very reasonable explanation: the investigator looking into Perry Wright's death had asked him in for questioning, and he'd participated without giving her any new information. Corey is set on winning her back, but Jane will have to decide if she can forgive him.

 

5. Who will win the custody battle?

The verdict in Celeste and Mary Louise's court battle will undoubtedly be a major plot point in the finale. Big Little Lies has gone to great lengths to make the judge appear to be on the fence. She's sympathetic to Celeste as a widow and fellow mother, but seems woefully uninformed about the dynamics of domestic abuse, and possibly swayed by Mary Louise's lawyer's ******-shaming evidence. The episode trailer does show Mary Louise embracing the twins in the courtroom, but who knows? She could be saying goodbye.

 

mary louise meryl streep big little lies season 2 finale
Mary Louise (Meryl Streep) in a preview image for the Big Little Lies finale.
Merie W. WallaceHBO
 

6. Will Bonnie reveal the truth about Perry's death?

 

She's been inching toward coming clean all season long, and for good reason. Keeping the secret has tormented Bonnie, and her mental distress has begun to wreak havoc on her life and family. Last episode she practiced her admission on her unconscious mother, and was this close to standing up during Celeste's custody trial and laying it all out. Even if Bonnie keeps her lips sealed, though, there could be consequences. The police seem to be narrowing in on Jane as a suspect, and Madeline knows that if she's going to fix her marriage, she needs to tell Ben the truth. The Monterey Five seem to be stuck between a coastal rock and a hard place.

 

 

Source: townandcountrymag

~~~"They laugh at me because I'm different.
I laugh at them because they're all the same..."~~~