Respected Contributor

Re: Season 2 “Big Little Lies” Summer 2019

@colliemom4 wrote:

What did everyone think of last night's show? I found it less exciting than I hoped it would be. Next week is the finale. I read that there probably won't be a season 3 as these actresses are all extremely busy and Nicole is working on something else right now.

___

Whew..........so much to absorb!  I was exhausted by the first 20 minutes.  Too many flashbacks and flash forwards, if that is even a thing?  I am going to watch it again before next Sunday.  This episode was all over the map.  

I have no idea how this will be wrapped up in one more episode, especially if this is the series finale.  🤫

Esteemed Contributor

In some ways I think Sunday’s episode was a waste of 50 minutes. I don’t think much really happened. I no longer care about Ed and Madeline. I’m really mad about Renata’s husband and the nanny - they may not be nice people, but they seemed to have the strongest relationship (at least, last season.) And would Bonnie just do something already!?! Confess, drown yourself, kill your mamma - I don’t care. Just do it already.

Not sure how they will wrap it up, but I am sure Celeste’s questioning Mary Louise will be a master class of acting and not to be missed. I assume we’ll learn what happened to Perry’s brother; I wonder if we’ll see ML lose her trademark cool?
Respected Contributor

@Alter Ego wrote:
In some ways I think Sunday’s episode was a waste of 50 minutes. I don’t think much really happened. I no longer care about Ed and Madeline. I’m really mad about Renata’s husband and the nanny - they may not be nice people, but they seemed to have the strongest relationship (at least, last season.) And would Bonnie just do something already!?! Confess, drown yourself, kill your mamma - I don’t care. Just do it already.

Not sure how they will wrap it up, but I am sure Celeste’s questioning Mary Louise will be a master class of acting and not to be missed. I assume we’ll learn what happened to Perry’s brother; I wonder if we’ll see ML lose her trademark cool?

_________

True, true, true.  Celeste has that attorney advantage.  Sure hope she comes at ML with everything she can!  I'd love it if a lot of skeletons were released.  ML is so darn smug, geez......

The nanny bit happened all to quickly.  "Stress Relief!"  Ha, ha, ha.  That's a unique job description.  Shame on Gorden Klein.....

Honored Contributor

@jpie  I am going to watch again also but in the meantime here are my preliminary thoughts.

I had been trying to figure out from where I knew the actor who plays Corey, Jane's friend. I finally realized he played the late Bill Paxson's son on another HBO series Big Love. He's not as young as he looks; he's 33. As discussed Bonnie did recognize him and she told Jane. Jane often shows her immaturity as witnessed by the way and the place at which she confronted Corey. Not sure I completely buy his explanation so that's one thing I'll be looking at more when I watch again.

I was shocked at the number of videos Mary Louise had of Celeste with random men. Those interactions haven't affected her ability to be a good mother but unless she has some earth shattering info about her MIL, it's not looking good for her.

Last night's episode was ~ 45 minutes. My only complaint with last season's finale was I thought it needed about 15 additional minutes as some parts were too rushed. Hope that doesn't happen on Sunday.

~~~"Patience is the power to do nothing when doing something won't do anything but make everything worse"~~~
Honored Contributor

I thought the ending of last night’s episode was stunning.  I did not expect it. I don’t want Celeste to end up a victim, and I now have hope that she won’t.

I thought there were two episodes left. It seems there needs to be two to tie up all the loose ends.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Respected Contributor

@Tique wrote:

@jpie  I am going to watch again also but in the meantime here are my preliminary thoughts.

I had been trying to figure out from where I knew the actor who plays Corey, Jane's friend. I finally realized he played the late Bill Paxson's son on another HBO series Big Love. He's not as young as he looks; he's 33. As discussed Bonnie did recognize him and she told Jane. Jane often shows her immaturity as witnessed by the way and the place at which she confronted Corey. Not sure I completely buy his explanation so that's one thing I'll be looking at more when I watch again.

I was shocked at the number of videos Mary Louise had of Celeste with random men. Those interactions haven't affected her ability to be a good mother but unless she has some earth shattering info about her MIL, it's not looking good for her.

Last night's episode was ~ 45 minutes. My only complaint with last season's finale was I thought it needed about 15 additional minutes as some parts were too rushed. Hope that doesn't happen on Sunday.

______

I agree that ML pulled a fast one on Celeste.  It really seemed unfair.  They are doing a good job trying to make the viewers guess on which way the judge is leaning.  She does seem like she is trying to see Celeste's point of view, but at the end Celeste had to push to get another chance at putting her MIL on the stand.  I hope Celeste gives it to Mary Louise with all that she has from her law expertise.  I'm not sure there is time to put a private eye on her, but I'm sure she is going to dig up something juicy! 

I am assuming that Celeste's rendezvous have happened when the boys were in school, except the one that was shown where he ended up in her bed.  Risky behavior indeed!

I didn't watch Big Love.  Corey does not look his age.  Jayne is smart to keep him at an arm's distance right now.

Honored Contributor

@Tique wrote:

@Tique  I thought he was from Big Love. I used to love that show. I was so sad when it went off the air.

Honored Contributor

@Alter Ego wrote:

@Alter Ego  ITA with you. I read they took a long time to shoot the last episode as they wanted it to be a great finale.

Honored Contributor

@jpie wrote:

@Alter Ego wrote:

_________

True, true, true.  Celeste has that attorney advantage.  Sure hope she comes at ML with everything she can!  I'd love it if a lot of skeletons were released.  ML is so darn smug, geez......

The nanny bit happened all to quickly.  "Stress Relief!"  Ha, ha, ha.  That's a unique job description.  Shame on Gorden Klein.....

I thought it was funny when Reneta put  tissue or whatever it was in Gordon's mouth.

Honored Contributor

I kept waiting for Bonnie to pull the plug but she didn't. Anyone else?