Honored Contributor

Re: Season 2 “Big Little Lies” Summer 2019

@Q-Anu  Yes if Mary Louise got the boys they'd be ruined forever. They might even end up killing her lol. ITA with you about some of the men on this show. For those that have one, aren't almost every one them losers? I can't stand Madeline's husband and would throw Renata's out on the streets.

Honored Contributor

@colliemom4 wrote:

I never thought about Bonnie unplugging the machine but that may very well be what she did. Or she could of course be going to confess about the murder. I can't wait to see what happens. So much suspense!

Laura Dern is doing an excellent job playing Renata. It's as if she was made for this role. I don't like Renata but love watching Laura play her.

Best line yet in the whole series . . . “I refuse to be not rich!”  Per Renata

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Trusted Contributor

Yes add me to the list that the boyfriend looks way to young,  that was bad casting, I also think Reece's husband is well cast,  I like him as an actor, but the two of them don't seem to belong.  

I think the mother said in the hospital "kill me."  I didn;t think about the daughter pulling the plug.  

Is Meryl only on this season?  I wonder if she will be killed at the end and it was maybe one of the grand sons and then the kids and mothers will have another secret to cover up.

Honored Contributor

I watched last season on Netflix so I will have to wait until they release this season.  

Honored Contributor

@TurnerGal wrote:

Yes add me to the list that the boyfriend looks way to young,  that was bad casting, I also think Reece's husband is well cast,  I like him as an actor, but the two of them don't seem to belong.  

I think the mother said in the hospital "kill me."  I didn;t think about the daughter pulling the plug.  

Is Meryl only on this season?  I wonder if she will be killed at the end and it was maybe one of the grand sons and then the kids and mothers will have another secret to cover up.

@TurnerGal  Yes. She said kill me.

Honored Contributor

@LilacTree wrote:

@colliemom4 wrote:

I never thought about Bonnie unplugging the machine but that may very well be what she did. Or she could of course be going to confess about the murder. I can't wait to see what happens. So much suspense!

Laura Dern is doing an excellent job playing Renata. It's as if she was made for this role. I don't like Renata but love watching Laura play her.

Best line yet in the whole series . . . “I refuse to be not rich!”  Per Renata

@LilacTree  Oh yes. Maybe we should all go around saying that lol.

Trusted Contributor

OMG, @colliemom4 - it certainly appears that your friend was spot on correct about young and awkward Cody (Jane's bf)!! I was watching for signs during the last episode. Sure got them during the flashing closing scenes. 😳 I feel awful for Jane and especially Ziggy! How will he ever come to trust any male going forward. His father was a rapist... he already wonders if he'll be like Perry. Now if Cody turns out to be the one to help take his mom away... 

Looking at it in this light; I can see now why he was cast in this role. So unassuming to throw everyone off. Sure had me fooled.

Bonnie clearly saw him - I wonder if he saw her? He seemed to be focusing on someone intensely before the fade out. 

Is the next episode the last for this season? So much to wrap up in an hour (or less) if so. I will miss my weekly fix. 

Trusted Contributor

@jpie - I watched and rewatched those closing flash scenes. They went by so quickly! I heard Elizabeth tell Bonnie to kill her. I don't think she pulled the plug (yet) though. I only saw her kiss her mother’s hand, as she often does, before leaving. What a painful position for Bonnie to be in - on top of her guilt-complex and depression. I'm afraid, after seeing Cody leaving the police station (is that along her way home?) she might attempt suicide. The drowning her mother kept seeing. 😰 Hope I'm wrong, but she could leave her confession behind. 

Mary Louise sure had an impact, if temporarily, on Renata! Spending a fun day home with her daughter - who seemed suspicious of her motives. Why wouldn’t she? 

Ed seemed to spill it all to Madeline on “what she saw in him.” From his perspective, at least. Madeline knows what a mess she is, and she keeps imagining herself with the art teacher. I don’t believe it's guilt, so much as longing. She wants passion and creates a lot of her own drama. 

What was going on in that bar? Is Ed being set-up by Torie and whoever the guy is that was watching them? I couldn’t make out who he was... Nathan, who Ed has been especially nasty to? (I pity clueless Nathan - first Madeline and now the change in Bonnie.)

Thanks for telling me it will play into the next episode, and Ed and Madeline's relationship. Whoa - revenge-sex in order to get over Madeline's infidelity? Guess it could work for some, but then... he may walk away. 

It's all coming to a head. The next episode is sure to be explosive! 

Respected Contributor

@Q-Anu wrote:

@jpie - I watched and rewatched those closing flash scenes. They went by so quickly! I heard Elizabeth tell Bonnie to kill her. I don't think she pulled the plug (yet) though. I only saw her kiss her mother’s hand, as she often does, before leaving. What a painful position for Bonnie to be in - on top of her guilt-complex and depression. I'm afraid, after seeing Cody leaving the police station (is that along her way home?) she might attempt suicide. The drowning her mother kept seeing. 😰 Hope I'm wrong, but she could leave her confession behind. 

Mary Louise sure had an impact, if temporarily, on Renata! Spending a fun day home with her daughter - who seemed suspicious of her motives. Why wouldn’t she? 

Ed seemed to spill it all to Madeline on “what she saw in him.” From his perspective, at least. Madeline knows what a mess she is, and she keeps imagining herself with the art teacher. I don’t believe it's guilt, so much as longing. She wants passion and creates a lot of her own drama. 

What was going on in that bar? Is Ed being set-up by Torie and whoever the guy is that was watching them? I couldn’t make out who he was... Nathan, who Ed has been especially nasty to? (I pity clueless Nathan - first Madeline and now the change in Bonnie.)

Thanks for telling me it will play into the next episode, and Ed and Madeline's relationship. Whoa - revenge-sex in order to get over Madeline's infidelity? Guess it could work for some, but then... he may walk away. 

It's all coming to a head. The next episode is sure to be explosive! 

_____

I never thought about Elizabeth's vision of the drowning.  That definitely could be a clue into Bonnie's future.  It seems Bonnie has tried everything to achieve happiness within her soul with a "hippie-like/zen" lifestyle.  The was born for this role.

I thought the man in the bar scene (in the background) was the play director that had the affair with Madeline.  Also, I thought the woman hitting up on Ed was the wife. She knew about the affair. Not sure about anything really!

I don't recall the person Torrie.  Is she the wife of the drama director?

I agree about Nathan.  Not sure why Ed is being hateful to him either. Ed is just opening up full-throttle......boo hoo......what a wus! Nathan seems to always be the liaison in all types of peace-making!  He always gets abused.

I hated it that all the three boys got a reward outing/adventure during their fight suspension from school.  What kind of message does this send to the children?  Renata being so insecure about her precious Amabella's social standing also gave her a day off from school.  Really? I feel so sorry for the teachers and staff at this school.  Always having to jump through hoops to please these fussy socialites.  

I am looking forward to the next episode!  Heart

Honored Contributor

@Q-Anu wrote:

OMG, @colliemom4 - it certainly appears that your friend was spot on correct about young and awkward Cody (Jane's bf)!! I was watching for signs during the last episode. Sure got them during the flashing closing scenes. 😳 I feel awful for Jane and especially Ziggy! How will he ever come to trust any male going forward. His father was a rapist... he already wonders if he'll be like Perry. Now if Cody turns out to be the one to help take his mom away... 

Looking at it in this light; I can see now why he was cast in this role. So unassuming to throw everyone off. Sure had me fooled.

Bonnie clearly saw him - I wonder if he saw her? He seemed to be focusing on someone intensely before the fade out. 

Is the next episode the last for this season? So much to wrap up in an hour (or less) if so. I will miss my weekly fix. 

@Q-Anu  We have this week and next week. Then it's over. I will miss it too. We shall see how it all ends up, and if Jane's boyfriend went to the police.