Trusted Contributor

Re: Season 2 “Big Little Lies” Summer 2019

I am watching.  It just doesn't seem like much is happening.  They must be saving it all for the final one or two episodes.  Meryl doesn't bother me.  Nicole's accent is bothering me.  I like Laura Dern, but last night she was pretty restrained.  Hopefully there is a payoff at the end of season two. 

Honored Contributor

@Tique 

Thank you for thinking of me!

We are not watching yet! DH wants to wait until it comes to Netflix or Amazon, b/c HBO is not included in our Direct TV pkg! BOO HOO soni’m missing all of the fun right now.

Hey, y’all...stop the Meryl bashing!  That kind of thing just ruins the show for those who are enjoying it!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Esteemed Contributor

Meryl Streep’s character in this is weird isn’t she?  I don’t mind her in this series.  I like most of her movies except Mamma Mia.  LM

Esteemed Contributor

It’s not “Meryl” bashing. It’s discussion of the current season’s villain, Mary Louise.

Let’s just say she did a lot on Sunday to create conflict. I think it’s perfectly reasonable to express dislike for a character that is specifically written to be dislikeable, regardless of the actress playing her.
Honored Contributor

@Alter Ego wrote:
It’s not “Meryl” bashing. It’s discussion of the current season’s villain, Mary Louise.

Let’s just say she did a lot on Sunday to create conflict. I think it’s perfectly reasonable to express dislike for a character that is specifically written to be dislikeable, regardless of the actress playing her.

@Alter Ego We disagree on this one. People are not saying "I don't like Mary Louise". They are saying things like "I wish Meryl wasn't on here" etc.

I agree with you about expressing dislike for a character. I do it all the time. We did it last season when discussing Celeste's husband, Perry. I'm not even asking people to stop. Was just hoping one of the three threads could exist without people mentioning every week how much they wish Meryl wasn't on the show. "That's all."

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Esteemed Contributor

@Tique That may be the case, but I took offense as I was the person who 1st posted on the other thread after Sunday’s episode (which has been the thread in which each episode is commented on) and I was the only one who said anything about Meryl’s character.  I specifically used Mary Louise’s name in my post and then the next day you posted on this thread.

If anything Meryl and the character name is interchangeable in discussion to me.  Is faster to just type Meryl. I looked back on the other thread and comments from recent episodes appear to be about her character. My comment from Sunday was probably the most emphatic declaration about her since episode one.  And, again, I specifically used Mary Louise’s name.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I assure you @Alter Ego  I was not referring to you specifically. Now since you've explained it and I've returned to one of the threads, I do see why you took offense. I am sorry. You did use the character name but the ones before you didn't nor did the ones on the other thread.

Let's move on please...

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Honored Contributor

@LTT1 wrote:

@Tique 

Thank you for thinking of me!

We are not watching yet! DH wants to wait until it comes to Netflix or Amazon, b/c HBO is not included in our Direct TV pkg! BOO HOO soni’m missing all of the fun right now.

@LTT1   It's not likely to come to Netflix or Amazon.  HBO hangs on to its original content for many years, there are shows on there over ten years old.

Honored Contributor

I would have enjoyed discussing the show but the three threads don't lend themselves to coherent conversation so that's why I haven't been posting.  I had asked the OPs to request they be combined, if I knew how to contact mods I would, but with three discussions all over the place I don't want to keep up. 

It's too bad because some of you are people I really like discussing things with (you know who you are) and others seem like you would be.

Honored Contributor

I didn't think last night's episode was exciting as last week's. I guess we only have several weeks left to see how things end up. IMO it's definitely still interesting to watch.