Honored Contributor

Re: Season 2 “Big Little Lies” Summer 2019

@LilacTree

I hope Meryl Streep doesn't chew the scenery.  I'm never sure if it's the directors.  She totally ruined the movie of Mamma Mia for me but IMO it was destroyed when she was cast.

I can't remember when I last saw her.  Can you please tell me some scenery-chewing because I don't think I'm up on her roles.  My favorite performance of hers is years old, in the HBO adaptation of "Angels in America" in which she was amazing.

I love Liane Moriarty, I love Nicole Kidman and respect her and Reese and if she chews the scenery I will be so disappointed!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Liking.... no loving it   so far!!

sometimes Meryl seems very Amanda Priestly (Devil Wears Prada) 

I like her!

Honored Contributor

I’m watching it...it doesn’t have the same appeal for me, as season 1 

I live in the area where the outdoor scenes have been filmed, and I see all the errors that are being made and I wonder why?   Maybe because the series was originally set in Australia, and now the filming is on the CA Central Coast?  And the author isn’t aware of the geography of the area?

anyway...I’m sure these issues wouldn’t bother anyone who doesn’t live in the area, but if there was a crime that took place in Monterey, you wouldn’t go to the Carmel-by-the-Sea police department to report it!  She didn’t actually go inside, but in the scene, Bonnie was standing on the sidewalk outside of this police department,  contemplating what to do. 

Honored Contributor

I just watched the 2nd episode of season 2. I read that there are only 7 episodes. Is that correct?

Honored Contributor

@LoriLori wrote:

...Very happy about that GIFs of Amabella!  She's still so adorable and I love the side-eye and flipping her hair, can't wait to see what they do with those very talented kids in season two.

@LoriLori  Aren't those GIFs of Chloe?

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Honored Contributor

@colliemom4 wrote:

I just watched the 2nd episode of season 2. I read that there are only 7 episodes. Is that correct?

Yes, there are 7 episodes 

Honored Contributor

@september wrote:

@colliemom4 wrote:

Yes, there are 7 episodes 

@september  Thank you!

Honored Contributor

@Tique wrote:

@LoriLori wrote:

...Very happy about that GIFs of Amabella!  She's still so adorable and I love the side-eye and flipping her hair, can't wait to see what they do with those very talented kids in season two.

@LoriLori  Aren't those GIFs of Chloe?

Yes, it’s Chloe who flips her hair 

Honored Contributor

@LTT1   @LilacTree 

I have no idea how but is there a way to get the mods to merge both threads using the name of Lilac Tree's?  There are good posts in both.

Honored Contributor

@LTT1    are you watching this now? I haven't seen any comments from you on any of the three threads.

I purposely bumped this one because I'm a bit tired of the Meryl bashing. She didn't put herself in this nor did she write the script.

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.