Honored Contributor

@Ibby114 here is the Season 16 of The Voice thread. I started this one and the The Voice  Or American Idol  thread. The second one was just to see which show is more popular. Feel free to post your opinions, I'll add my two cents too!

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

@Ibby114 here is the Season 16 of The Voice thread. I started this one and the The Voice  Or American Idol  thread. The second one was just to see which show is more popular. Feel free to post your opinions, I'll add my two cents too!

@Jordan2   I am enjoying The Voice but don't know anyone's names at this point.  I did think both of the girls on John's team who were the last to perform last night were very good.  Kayslin, the 16-year old that John kept is great, and I like the girl that Blake stole, too.  Her name is Oliv.  I had to look the names up.

I just went to The Voice page and looked at the artist's pictures.  I liked Patrick McAloon a lot (the one whose daughter tried out and didn't get a chair turned).  I was surprised all of the judges seemed to like the other guy more and was disappointed that Patrick didn't get stolen.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@NickNack wrote:

@Jordan2 wrote:

@Jordan2   I am enjoying The Voice but don't know anyone's names at this point.  I did think both of the girls on John's team who were the last to perform last night were very good.  Kayslin, the 16-year old that John kept is great, and I like the girl that Blake stole, too.  Her name is Oliv.  I had to look the names up.

I just went to The Voice page and looked at the artist's pictures.  I liked Patrick McAloon a lot (the one whose daughter tried out and didn't get a chair turned).  I was surprised all of the judges seemed to like the other guy more and was disappointed that Patrick didn't get stolen.

@NickNack ,I also am not familiar with everyone yet. I don't think it's fair to save time they gloss over some of the contestants. I try not to get too attached to anyone because the 8 contestants on each  team get whittled down to 3 on each team.

Honored Contributor

Re: Season 16 of The Voice

[ Edited ]

@Jordan2 wrote:

@NickNack wrote:

@Jordan2 wrote:

@NickNack ,I also am not familiar with everyone yet. I don't think it's fair to save time they gloss over some of the contestants. I try not to get too attached to anyone because the 8 contestants on each  team get whittled down to 3 on each team.

@Jordan2   Yes, I've gotten very upset at that point several times.  They do get rid of so many of them very quickly.  I don't think it's fair to gloss over some of the contestants either.  People vote based on what they see.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

Those battles are sometimes very difficult to choose when they are both equally good, I hate when the one that didn't win the battle doesn't get stolen.

Honored Contributor

I’m watching the cross battle results, the cross battles are a bust for me. So far no one is going home, they’re just switching teams!

Trusted Contributor

I am rapidly losing interest this season. I don't like this new format and the judges seemed to have used all of their steals/saves last night, so next week will be considerably shorter. If I were one of those contestants, I would be ******! Plus, they have that wole second chance person we don't know who will e pushed back out and given another chance, which is not fair. I didn't know any of the songs they were singing this week, so only watched half of the battle rounds. They are dragging this out toooooooo long and I am not going to watch anymore if there is anything else on. I like John Legend, but not enough to be bored or confused. I think they will find out that this last new activity is a bust. I wonder if they will change the rules and give the judges more saves or steals to use next week. If not, the results show will be much less dramatic next week.

Esteemed Contributor

The one thing that's good about the cross-battles is the viewing audience gets to vote sooner! Before they'd have the knock-offs- and THEN we could voice our opinions.

Last night was ridiculous, with the coaches using most of the saves and steals. I guess the results of the next round of cross battles will be more representative of the viewers choices.

I also don't feel vested in many of the singers- I like the girl rocker/rapper on Blakes team. Great voice and style- she's fesity!! Woman Happy And the larger african american guy with the big smile-  on Kelly's team. His voice is sooo smooth, like Luther Vandross. Last night a country guy (Rod?)  sang a bluesy song, that was also really good.   

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Season 16 of The Voice

[ Edited ]

@Jordan2 wrote:

Woman Happy thanks @Jordan2  !!

Trusted Contributor

I am not sure how I like the cross battles this year.  I dvr's the show Monday and had to make notes on who I wanted to vote for.  In the past I just decided at website who I liked.  Some were hard choices.

Anyhow will be fun to see who progresses.  Only one more week of cross battles.  Wondering if they are trying this feature just to dwindle down the number of people who stay until the end.