Esteemed Contributor

I'm so glad to read the comments here about Shawn and Maelyn, they're my favorites too. But there's all this talk about Gyth [from Blake's team] being the front runner- and especially after Kelly and John  didn't rave about his performance of 'God Bless the USA'. People on social media were saying they were un-American becasue they were criticial- isn't that what a judge is SUPPOSED to do?? ! Woman Embarassed Kelly 'grew up' in the land of Simon Cowell afterall !! Woman LOLThey weren't saying anything negative about the song. Just his performance! And it was pitchy and all over the place. Overall, he had a bad night.

The Beatles duos last night were pretty awful.. 'Yesterday' was the only memorable number- Maelyn and Rod.  I'm actually hoping Rod makes it to the finals- I like his tone/range, overall demeanor (very humble!) - and it'll give a little variety to the outcome of this season!

Honored Contributor

I thought Blake was a little obnoxious last night pretty much bragging about having five singers left. If there is any justice Maelyn , Shawn, Rod, and one of Blake’s contestants will move on to the finale.

Esteemed Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

I thought Blake was a little obnoxious last night pretty much bragging about having five singers left. If there is any justice Maelyn , Shawn, Rod, and one of Blake’s contestants will move on to the finale.

@Jordan2  Soooooooooo agreed!! Woman Happy Except for Kim, everyone on Blake's team sounds the same. And Kim had a very mediocre evening too. Shawn, Maelyn and Rod shined last night!

Esteemed Contributor

Believe me Blake is going to be bragging about how many singers he had left this season for as long as The Voice is on the air.....LOL.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Season 16 of The Voice - SPOILERS

[ Edited ]

I guess there weren't many viewers last night,- unless there's another thread about The Voice!

I was bummed with the results - too much Blake !! Maelyn squeezed through to the finals fortunately. But Rod and Shawn are so much more talented than the other performers..  Rod seemed to feel  blessed to go this far- what a humble guy. But I hope John takes Shawn under his wing for future endeavors.

Honored Contributor

I am so PO’d that Blake has 3 contestants in the finale! It should have been Maelyn, Shawn, Rod , and take your pick, Dexter or Gyth. Hopefully it won’t matter that Blake has 3 still in it, Maelyn should win.

Esteemed Contributor

My four pic for the final would have been:

Shawn

Maelyn 

Rod

and Gyth.........i do like Gyth's voice but i think his 

song pick didn't showcase his voice at all

I think Maelyn will be the winner....the other three pics are all too similar.

Honored Contributor

@kelsey17 wrote:

My four pic for the final would have been:

Shawn

Maelyn 

Rod

and Gyth.........i do like Gyth's voice but i think his 

song pick didn't showcase his voice at all

I think Maelyn will be the winner....the other three pics are all too similar.

Do you think the country loves country music so much, that Blake’s three contestants got through? I would have liked if Shawn got through just to mix it up a little.

Trusted Contributor

Yes add me to the list of being disappointed,  I agree that Shawn and Rod should have been in the final and one of the country guys from Blake's team.  The three country singers are just "Ok" no stars,  Dexter is nice, he was on American Idol, but his voice doesn't have a great tone.  

They definitely need to change voting structure,  I think Blake and Adam should take a break and see if the some can improve,  other wise I think it's over,

Honored Contributor

Country singers seem to win often. While they may be good for country, they do not have the best voice in the competition.

I hope Shawn has a recording contract now.  He absolutely should have made the finals, and I think the win, but I had a feeling it would not happen, given the history of this show.