Respected Contributor

I don't know if anyone announced it here as I haven't checked.  My husband just told me that Sean Connery passed away on Oct. 31.  I didn't hear anything on TV about this, but I haven't watched much regular news for awhile.  He was 90.  So sad to hear this.

Honored Contributor

yep been dead for few days

Super Contributor

What is even sadder now is Alex Trebec's passing.

Respected Contributor

@QP Doll wrote:

What is even sadder now is Alex Trebec's passing.

Yes, I saw that today too.  What a shame.  

Respected Contributor

Yes, we had a great thread here honoring the handsome and dashing Sir Sean Connery, who will always be remembered as a terrific actor and the first ever-so memorable James Bond.

Likewise, Alex Trebek will always be remembered as the gentleman Jeopardy host who helped our brains expand with knowledge.

Both of these men had wonderful interesting lives, tons of fans, and died at older ages with the love of their families surrounding them.

They were certainly lives well lived.

Esteemed Contributor

It is sad about both men. Is it my imagination or have we lost a lot of people in 2020? Or maybe I'm staying home more and hearing more news. 

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Esteemed Contributor

One of news items about him had a very recent photo.  It was sad.  He had advanced dementia.  Survived by his wife age 91.

Honored Contributor

He was featured in People magazine and there were some great pictures of him.  Oh, my, but he was so handsome and dashing.  I did not realize he was suffering from dementia.  Poor, dear man.  And yes, so sad about Alex passing.  He fought so very hard.  Rest in peace, you 2 amazing men.  Condolences to all family and friends.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin