Honored Contributor

@Luvitorleaveit1 wrote:

Just read this morning and I am truly sadden even though I know he had a full life but still he will always be my favorite James Bond.

After Pierce Brosnan and Sean Connery I stopped watching James Bond movies.

I always said, Sean Connery is James Bond.

Honored Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@drizzellla 

And your son plays?

I do love the pipes. Heart

He did. He still has his bagpipe, kilt, jacket, sporrin, etc. But he hasn't played in a number of years. His band fizzled away. My son was their only fresh blood. And health issues and being in parades (all the walking and temperature both hot and cold) made some members drop out.

Sad that he no longer plays but so glad that we spent all those years for him to learn. My son saw an adult education class to learn the bagpipe. He was 14 at the time. I went and talked to Administrators of the school about him taking the class. They said no problem. We would have to drive him to each class and we planned on staying until the class was over. So they saw no problem since we were going to be there.

He took the class. And two bands asked him to join after he finished taking the class. He joined a band. We had to drive him to the practice hall every week because he did not have his drivers license. So we invested many hours and much money. It was well worth it.

Besides numerous parades, the band played with a Symphonic Orchestra for a concert. It was a great experience.

Honored Contributor

90 - good for him, very lucky.

Also, unfortunately, arrogant and se*xist.

Honored Contributor

@drizzellla wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@drizzellla 

And your son plays?

I do love the pipes. Heart

He did. He still has his bagpipe, kilt, jacket, sporrin, etc. But he hasn't played in a number of years. His band fizzled away. My son was their only fresh blood. And health issues and being in parades (all the walking and temperature both hot and cold) made some members drop out.

Sad that he no longer plays but so glad that we spent all those years for him to learn. My son saw an adult education class to learn the bagpipe. He was 14 at the time. I went and talked to Administrators of the school about him taking the class. They said no problem. We would have to drive him to each class and we planned on staying until the class was over. So they saw no problem since we were going to be there.

He took the class. And two bands asked him to join after he finished taking the class. He joined a band. We had to drive him to the practice hall every week because he did not have his drivers license. So we invested many hours and much money. It was well worth it.

Besides numerous parades, the band played with a Symphonic Orchestra for a concert. It was a great experience.

@drizzellla 

That's so cool! Heart

Not an easy instrument to play.  Thank you for supporting his talent!

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

As much as I dislike this phrase,Sean Connery is truly an iconic figure in culture.

Fav film: all of them! 

When I lose the TV controller, it's always in some remote destination.
Honored Contributor

DH has always been a huge Bond fan. As a teenager he read all of the books, and he, of course, saw all of the movies. He always has thought there was no other James Bond. Of course he introduced DS to the movies too. Until DS left for college there was a Bond movie DVD playing almost every weekend, always the older ones. DS is almost as much as a fan.

I enjoyed watching Mr. Connery in other movies too. I especially liked The Presidio, with Meg Ryan as his daughter.

DH's voice broke when he told me. Mr. Connery was an actor who just was always going to be there. We are sad.

Thanks for the great picture @just bee

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Sean Connery

[ Edited ]

I was just reading this while drinking my coffee. May he RIP.

I know him from his later movies**The Untouchables***The Rock***The Hunt for Red October and such. 

Loved the voice and accent.

Respected Contributor

Re: Sean Connery

[ Edited ]

@Judaline wrote:

@Luvitorleaveit1 wrote:

Just read this morning and I am truly sadden even though I know he had a full life but still he will always be my favorite James B

After Pierce Brosnan and Sean Connery I stopped watching James Bond movies.

I always said, Sean Connery is James Bond.

@Luvitorleaveit1 @Judaline 

Agreed!

RIHP Mr. Connery

The only James Bond!🕊😇🙏🏽

"Kindness is like snow ~It beautifies everything it covers"
-Kahlil Gibran
Respected Contributor

Agree, for me he was the only James Bond. Such a handsome man throughout his life and a fantastic actor.  

“If we couldn’t laugh we would all go insane.”- Jimmy Buffet
Honored Contributor
Good movie of his that was "under the radar" is Just Cause from 1995. I recommend it!

For me too, he was the only Bond. So sexy and while I was crushing on McCartney at the time, my mom was crushing on Connery. 😄 Of course then in the early 1960s he looked old to me. May he RIP.