Trusted Contributor

I saw this movie when it first came out years go.  And I remember I was unnerved from the very beginning when the opening credits came on.  The music (I think it was a song by Nine Inch Nails, a group I was not familiar with) was super creepy, and I remember thinking "do I want to stay and watch this thing?" I had gone to see this by myself, and something told me from those opening credits, it was going to be very disturbing. I don't think I had read much about it before going.

Well, it was very, very disturbing, but when it was over, I just felt it was so well done.  The acting was wonderful, the plot line was so different. Everything about it was just done perfectly, even though it was so dark.

It's the kind of movie that, if you have the stomach to sit through it, is one you will never forget.

Trusted Contributor

I am not sure what this says about me, but this is one of my favorite movies! It is so well done and haunting. And well acted.

Honored Contributor

The movie is about 25 years old. But the way it was done, with the cinematography and all, it could have been made yesterday. I thought is was so well done also. I really don't think it could be re-made any better...and I hope it never does get re-done.

Respected Contributor

LOL I remember having to watch the ending of this movie twice before I got it...It was a little creepy and had a lot of twists and turns but overall was a very good movie!

Esteemed Contributor

Saw this when it first came out and have watched a couple of times since - definitely one of the best scary, psychological thrillers made.

Trusted Contributor

@Lisa now in AZ wrote:

I am not sure what this says about me, but this is one of my favorite movies! It is so well done and haunting. And well acted.

That's exactly what I said to a friend of mine when we were talking about this movie.  We both loved it, and I said to him, "I hate to admit this movie is one of my favorites."

Honored Contributor

I have nightmares still from the scene of the glutton victim being forced fed spaghetti at the table.   A bucket under his chair for going to the bathroom...and a machine forcing him to eat continuously....OMG.😳🤮