Respected Contributor

Re: Science fiction programs

We like Haven also, but I think this coming year will be their final year. We also like Warehouse 13, but that also discontinued.
Honored Contributor

Is anybody a fan of the British series Torchwood or Primeval?

(Torchwood is a spinoff from Dr. Who.  I never could get into Dr. Who.)

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Respected Contributor

I liked Torchwood so much that I own it on DVD...except the horrible last season called "Miracle Day."  That was a total debacle.  I've never been a fan of Doctor Who.  I mostly just watched the episodes that were crossovers with Torchwood.  

I forgot to mention another series that I've been enjoying, Orphan Black.  Tatiana Maslany is amazing as she plays several different characters in the show.

BTW, both Dark Matter and Killjoys have been renewed for a second season.

Esteemed Contributor

@colliemom4 wrote:

@Nataliesgramma wrote:

I do too. My daugher wants me to see American Horror  Story"....is it worth watchng?

How old is your daughter? There are some graphic violent and sexual scenes in AHS. That's why I asked. 

She's 32....LOL 

I like Horror movies...like 'Psycho' and "Alien", but I don't like alot of gore...thats why I asked...

Honored Contributor

@Marsha2003

A bit of trivia - the actor that played "Captain Jack" on Torchwood was a guest on one of the episodes of The Talking Dead  last season.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@GingerPeach wrote:

@Marsha2003

A bit of trivia - the actor that played "Captain Jack" on Torchwood was a guest on one of the episodes of The Talking Dead  last season.

@GingerPeach John Barrowman...he was also a villain on Arrow.  I loved the Torchwood episodes with James Marsters from Buffy.

Esteemed Contributor

I like some sci-fi shows and films.  Twilight Zone is still one of my faves.  I used to show clips from Twilight Zone to my middle school students when we covered this genre. Some would always get disappointed when they discovered it wasn't about vampires.  (They assumed that since it had "Twilight" in the title!) Sad that our new Common Core textbooks don't contain those Twilight Zone teleplays.  Smiley Sad

I love Star Wars too.  Looking forward to the new film!  Last night The Big Bang Theory had Sheldon and Leonard trying to visit George Lucas's house.  I laughed so hard!  

I enjoy your comments about more recent sci-fi.  I will try to watch some.  

Trusted Contributor

@GingerPeach wrote:

Is anybody a fan of the British series Torchwood or Primeval?

(Torchwood is a spinoff from Dr. Who.  I never could get into Dr. Who.)

Yes for Primeval.  Really liked it when it aired on BBC.  My favorite shows in this category are Twight Zone, Outer Limits, Star Trek, Farscape (if you get Pivot - I do on TWC, they rerun Farscape often), Earth2, Humans, Dark Matter

Honored Contributor

@wildcat fan wrote:

I like some sci-fi shows and films.  Twilight Zone is still one of my faves.  I used to show clips from Twilight Zone to my middle school students when we covered this genre. Some would always get disappointed when they discovered it wasn't about vampires.  (They assumed that since it had "Twilight" in the title!) Sad that our new Common Core textbooks don't contain those Twilight Zone teleplays.  Smiley Sad

I love Star Wars too.  Looking forward to the new film!  Last night The Big Bang Theory had Sheldon and Leonard trying to visit George Lucas's house.  I laughed so hard!  

I enjoy your comments about more recent sci-fi.  I will try to watch some.  

Loved that episode, too.  It's the only Big Bang episode I ever kept the recording of, probably because I had the opportunity to tour Lucas Ranch many years ago.  The guest houses were so pretty, and the main building had a sound stage, plus some of the original pieces such as Indie's whip and hat from Raiders.  We got to eat lunch in the employees' dining room.  An unforgettable memory.

Respected Contributor

@GingerPeach wrote:

I love watching science fiction and that category of programming.

I was wondering if @onewhiteSparrow might have some comments about shows such as Roswell, Stargate, V, The Whispers, and so on.  Are there any among these that you have any affinity to, or others that you particularly like?

I hope I'm not insulting you by asking.  I sincerely would like to know.

................................................................................

@GingerPeach,  I saw your message the other day but I have to stay focused right now.

I have things to say about this subject, but I do not want to use my thoughts on other thoughts right now.   If this topic is still around I will share my thoughts. 

Have a wonderful life...make it so.