Honored Contributor

Re: Science fiction programs

We enjoy the older ones like Night Gallery and The Sixth Sense (with Gary Collins). In fact we own all the episodes of the above two series. We really like Terra Nova. Sorry it was cancelled.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@GingerPeach wrote:

I love watching science fiction and that category of programming.

I was wondering if @onewhiteSparrow might have some comments about shows such as Roswell, Stargate, V, The Whispers, and so on.  Are there any among these that you have any affinity to, or others that you particularly like?

I hope I'm not insulting you by asking.  I sincerely would like to know.

.................................................................................

@GingerPeach,  I watch few science fiction.   Traveling down my path I have to of course travel alone...as we all do.  Our travels form how we each view the world and those around us.   

You ask about Roswell.... I think that Groom Lake, Area 51, and the surrounding desert and mountain areas are human research on many things.  During research they have to keep all things a secret.  To guard their research they must surround it with lies to protect what is really being researched.  

Roswell News took pictures showing a silver plastic looking large blanket looking object that was found in the desert at Roswell.  It was reported a UFO crashed (which they were covering up that object they were researching on).   They had to do that.    Later they called it a saucer.  Both words were taken and used in their print by those involved in UFO research and ran with it.   They printed  saying we now have proof that the object came from outer space.   

From that day forward stories was told which were down right lies.  People said they saw real aliens and hid the saucer and aliens at Area 51.   UFO groups made millions from this one happening.  

When I first saw the pictures I thought it was just a new silver colored fiber used in weather ballons, and even on our space shuttles.  And used in planes.   I had seen that silver fiber many times inspecting new designs of air crafts.  

I think our government or researchers had built a saucer shaped full of computers and was carried by a large silver fiber ballon to gather new information about the weather.  Also it could be used to spy down on the ground with cameras inside the saucer.  They could travel in space and no one would hear them fly over the area.  Could be used in the military and even maping new areas and of course for weather reports.

Was anything from outer space in that story?   No.   Just humans doing research and needed to cover it up or protect their research.      

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@GingerPeach,  The movies I relate with are Star Trek,  the sweet cute ET movie,  and The Day The Earth Stood Still.

If any outer space movies involve war actions or evil aliens I never watch.  To me that is an insult from what I have knowledge of on the subject.

Respected Contributor

@GingerPeach,   Years ago I was invited to attend a private showing of a movie that was coming out.   They called me and said they wanted my views on the film.  

The movie was "Fire In The Sky."   Directed by Robert Lieberman and written by Travy Torme'.   The movie was based on Travis Walton's book, "The Walton Experience.

Travis and friends were paid in advance to clear a forest area.  They had to have it cleared by a certain date.  They all dranked and had fights among each other.  They were running out of time and was not going to meet the dead line to finish the job.   Travis read UFO books all the time and had one mag. in their truck where others was reading.  They came up with the story that a space ship came down and took Travis away for weeks.   News reporters was every where....along with the UFO investigators.  Of course the debunkers arrived to gather information to put into their news letters.   Everyone was making major amounts of money from news letters, books and now a movie was made.  

After the movie they ask me what I thought.   I told them it was lies and they know it.  They said they had to add things to sell the movie.  Same as Travis had to add things to sell his book.   I was very upset that yet another movie that causes people to think that is how the flying saucers and aliens from outer space act when they interact with humans.  

The story was staged to give the forest workers extra time to clear the forest because of the so called UFO that came and took one of their workers.  And they said they were scared to return to that location. The Parks and Forest Department didn't want to have anything to do with their story and just hired another group to clear the forest.  

So again one more con story.  

Honored Contributor

@onewhiteSparrow wrote:

@GingerPeach,  The movies I relate with are Star Trek,  the sweet cute ET movie,  and The Day The Earth Stood Still.

If any outer space movies involve war actions or evil aliens I never watch.  To me that is an insult from what I have knowledge of on the subject.

@onewhiteSparrow

Thank you for coming back and sharing your insights.  Much appreciated.  (I also love those three movies you mentioned.)

And, I hope that the plans you've been focusing on have been successful!  Or, if not concluded, then well underway.  All the best to you.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@GingerPeach wrote:

@onewhiteSparrow wrote:

@onewhiteSparrow

Thank you for coming back and sharing your insights.  Much appreciated.  (I also love those three movies you mentioned.)

And, I hope that the plans you've been focusing on have been successful!  Or, if not concluded, then well underway.  All the best to you.

@GingerPeach,  Thank you for waiting for me while I stayed focused upon my future destiny.   Yes it was successful and it turned out to double what I had focused upon.   It turned my yesterday into a doubleplusgood day.  (smile)    

Now I get to play.   And purge my closet too.   Work and play is a blessing.  

You have a good day.  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I enjoy good Sci Fi - Grew up on Outer Limits, Twilight Zone, One Step Beyond, Chiller, Star Trek.  On occasion, the monster movies had some Sci Fi Twist.  The movie "Forbidden Planet" deals with things we discuss today.  Your negative thoughts/energy becomes a monster/entity that comes after you and will kill you unless you stop your negative thinking. 

The Twilight Zone espisode "Eye of The Beholder" is one of my favs.  Seems we live in those times today.

If you want something more contemporary and rather what I find true to life - watch Steven Spielbergs series called "Taken".  Many outraged folks on the subject and the possibility.  However, more and more...............................

In many of the Sci Fi's, to get people to feel okay and like a movie, a mesianic figure/entity comes in to the save the day.  Super heroes are some noble group that finds it's cause in believing in the deity.  Truth is, no one will be coming by to save us.  No one.  We must do our darndest to save ourselves and that doesn't mean we go to buildings and sing songs and socialize.  We must progress, learn, and find ways so that our human species survives. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Honored Contributor

How about the Outer Limits? Both old and newer.

Honored Contributor

Nice choices, @Puzzle Piece  You are a connoisseur.

I also liked your last few sentences.  

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.