Honored Contributor

I love watching science fiction and that category of programming.

I was wondering if @onewhiteSparrow might have some comments about shows such as Roswell, Stargate, V, The Whispers, and so on.  Are there any among these that you have any affinity to, or others that you particularly like?

I hope I'm not insulting you by asking.  I sincerely would like to know.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Frequent Contributor

Re: Science fiction programs

The twilight zone is my favorite show ever, next to seinfeld

Esteemed Contributor

I have so many that are favorites and that I just love.  This isn't something I developed as an adult, it's somethinng my Dad nurtured in me, as he was a great science fiction fan.

As a kid, I loved "Flash Gordon" on TV.  Of course, when "Superman" came along on TV, we were all glued to it every week.  The true breaks for me in scifi came with the orignal "Star Trek" and "The Twilight Zone."  I simply fell in love with Star Trek and remain a fan of all of the various series and movies.  The Twilight Zone used to scare the pants off of me in my younger days - sometimes a type of horror that reach right down to my soul.  Rod Serling wrote some chilling tales for sure.

In more recent times and in addition to the Treks, I am a huge "Babylon 5" and "SG-1 (Stargate)" fan.  B-5 is extremely special.  If you're a scifi afficianado and haven't seen the series, do give it go.

My newest find, thanks to my daughter, is "Grimm."  Am counting the days until it returns on October 30th.

I'm sure I've left out several favorites, but I'm so tired from moving I can't think straight.  It's a fun question.  Thanks for asking it

Respected Contributor

Did you only want replies from Onewhitesparrow?

Esteemed Contributor

I do too. My daugher wants me to see American Horror  Story"....is it worth watchng?

Honored Contributor

If you enjoyed V, you might like Falling Skies. This series on TNT just ended last night after 5 seasons. Falling Skies is a show that takes place after an alien invasion and it was very good.

If you enjoyed Stargate, you might like Dark Matter. Dark Matter just finished it's first season on SyFy. It hasn't been renewed yet, but I hope it is. It's based on a comic book by Dark Horse Comics and the people behind the TV series were creators and writers on the various Stargate TV series. Dark Matter is really good with complex characters, a strong cast, and great writing.

If you like "space westerns," you might enjoy Firefly and Killjoys. Firefly was a fantastic space cowboy show that was canceled after only 1 season but is still a cult favorite. Killjoys is a Canadian show that just finished airing its first season on SyFy this month. It hasn't yet been renewed, but I really hope it is. Killjoys also has great writing and an excellent cast.

Honored Contributor

@Marsha2003 wrote:

Did you only want replies from Onewhitesparrow?

@Marsha2003

No, but she has posted she has a special connection to this subject in general.  I'll leave it to her whether she wants to join in.

Honored Contributor

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

If you enjoyed V, you might like Falling Skies. This series on TNT just ended last night after 5 seasons. Falling Skies is a show that takes place after an alien invasion and it was very good.

If you enjoyed Stargate, you might like Dark Matter. Dark Matter just finished it's first season on SyFy. It hasn't been renewed yet, but I hope it is. It's based on a comic book by Dark Horse Comics and the people behind the TV series were creators and writers on the various Stargate TV series. Dark Matter is really good with complex characters, a strong cast, and great writing.

If you like "space westerns," you might enjoy Firefly and Killjoys. Firefly was a fantastic space cowboy show that was canceled after only 1 season but is still a cult favorite. Killjoys is a Canadian show that just finished airing its first season on SyFy this month. It hasn't yet been renewed, but I really hope it is. Killjoys also has great writing and an excellent cast.

I love and own Firefly (and the movie Serenity), and love Falling Skies (as well as Noah Wyle's earlier fantasy TNT movie "series" The Librarian).  I haven't caught up yet to the new SyFy series Dark Matter or Killjoys.  I tend to order them on DVD later on.  Thank you for the recommendation summary.  I am waiting for Z Nation to return on SyFy, though on Sept. 11.  Not aliens, just regular zombies.

Honored Contributor

@sfnative Congratulations! You are moved in?

i have been thinking about you-- is there a thread where I can reliably catch up with you?

i gravitate toward syfy shows... And medical dramas, far fetched as most are these days!

used to never miss an episode of Twilight Zone!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

@GingerPeach wrote:

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

I love and own Firefly (and the movie Serenity), and love Falling Skies (as well as Noah Wyle's earlier fantasy TNT movie "series" The Librarian).  I haven't caught up yet to the new SyFy series Dark Matter or Killjoys.  I tend to order them on DVD later on.  Thank you for the recommendation summary.  I am waiting for Z Nation to return on SyFy, though on Sept. 11.  Not aliens, just regular zombies.

The Librarians TV series returns this November. If you missed the first season, it's a series based on The Librarian movies and Noah Wyle is in it. He had a limited role last season but now that Falling Skies is over, he may be showing up more often.