Respected Contributor

I checked and there were some older threads about this show but I wanted to mention it again.

Although Schitt's Creek on Netflix has been on for awhile, I have just discovered it. I am thoroughly enjoying it!

After you come to know all of the interesting characters and their interactions, the show really grows on you.  Catherine O'Hara, playing Moira Rose on the show, recently won a best actress emmy for a female lead in a comedy.

If you are looking to "escape" and smile, there are 6 seasons available.

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Respected Contributor

Re: Schitt's Creek On Netflix

It is also on Comedy Central for those interested. 

Respected Contributor

@Janey2   Yes, it is on Comedy Central but I would think they would take out some of the language that Netflix allows.

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Respected Contributor

Also, if you go to YouTube and search for Schitt’s Creek Webisodes, you get a bunch of funny little snippets from the different characters after each season. I’ve held off on season six until the last couple weeks in order to ration them(one a day as stress relief). Two more to go! 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I watched this when it originally aired but am enjoying, immensely, re-watching it.   I've been recording the episodes on the CW channel where they air two episodes a night at 11 and 11:30.

We're up to season five now.    I see that there are only 6 seasons, so it will hopefully be starting over again when they get to the end.  No reason to stop.  

I forget a LOT now, so I'm loving that there is so much I'm seeing that I don't even remember so it's like watching it almost for the first time.  Smiley Happy

Moira rather annoys me.  I imagine I'm in the minority there, but maybe it's a 'getting older-get off my lawn' deal.    I'm finding a number of characters in shows I have enjoyed and continue to enjoy really annoy me.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

DH and I started watching about a year ago...we saw three episodes and couldn't stand it...it was just too silly. 

However friends of mine insisted that it got better so I have been watching for a few months now.  I'm up to season 5 and have become addicted...it is very funny! Smiley Happy

ETA:  A bit off topic but still a great comedy show is "The Office".  It's old now but DS was home last week and we watched the double episode when they went to Niagara Falls...it was hilarious!  I had forgotten how funny that show was!

Honored Contributor

It originally aired on the POP Channel. 

Trusted Contributor

We discovered Schitt's Creek earlier this year and loved it (we didn't think we'd like it).  The characters are so funny!  It's a great show to watch to get your mind off of all the heavy stuff in the world.

Respected Contributor

This is the best show ever! Glad you're enjoying it. I just finished it recently and I will miss it SO much. They are truly an ensemble cast, so talented and I love them all.

Valued Contributor

I started to watch it and thought it was just too stupid.  Then accidently saw a ******ts Creek documentry about how it started, the characters and filming the last episode, and found it very interesting.  So I went back and watched again, and OMG it is addicting, and very funny, and stupid in a good way.  I love it!   Those who havent seen the little documentary it is on Netflix.