Valued Contributor

Re: Scenes cut from Endeavour Season 6 Episode 1

If anyone would like to view the crossing scene with the pelican, it is on YouTube. Search "Endeavour pelican."

Honored Contributor

I always heard that our shows are only 45 minutes because in Britain they are showing a commercial at that time. Seems like we'd need a fill in instead of a cut.

BTW, I can't stand Morse. He's not Morse. He doesn't even resemble him. IN ANY WAY. Inspector Lewis was better than these shows. At least we knew Lewis. Because he WAS Lewis, lol.

Honored Contributor

@Judaline wrote:

I always heard that our shows are only 45 minutes because in Britain they are showing a commercial at that time. Seems like we'd need a fill in instead of a cut.

BTW, I can't stand Morse. He's not Morse. He doesn't even resemble him. IN ANY WAY. Inspector Lewis was better than these shows. At least we knew Lewis. Because he WAS Lewis, lol.

Lewis was also cut on PBS.  I purchased the entire DVD set and was shocked seeing the complete episodes!  It was like watching two different shows!  If you get the DVD/BluRay versions, you will get the entire show. 

Sean Evans might not look like Morse.  (He does have the slight build though) but he's a strong actor. 

You can see the entire episodes online.  Just google Endeavour Season 6 and episode Pylon. etc.

Honored Contributor

@Highlands72 wrote:

If anyone would like to view the crossing scene with the pelican, it is on YouTube. Search "Endeavour pelican."

Thank you about that.  Hint (not quite a spoiler) Children with Inspector Bright will be a kind of theme in the upcoming episodes

Honored Contributor

here is the link

https://youtu.be/jUNi0BN9oAM

Screen Shot 2019-06-18 at 8.07.22 AM.png

It brought back a memory of a similar nature - a PBS - cross at eh green and not in between - a blast from the past - enjoy

https://youtu.be/5eSj_nzHR6E

Esteemed Contributor

The show on my PBS station was 90 minutes. I saw the scene with the pelican...maybe not all of it?  And the bus driver...I think. 

Anyway, a question I have about the series in general...what’s wrong between Thursday and his daughter Joan?  

Keepin' it real.
Valued Contributor

@esmerelda wrote:

The show on my PBS station was 90 minutes. I saw the scene with the pelican...maybe not all of it?  And the bus driver...I think. 

Anyway, a question I have about the series in general...what’s wrong between Thursday and his daughter Joan?  

---

My station had a 90-minute version, also, but I think it still may have been edited a little, as I have heard that the British version was longer than 90 minutes. I may just order the British dvd set to get the full show.

As far as Joan's relationship with her father, I recall in one of the seasons, Joan had moved in with an abusive boyfriend. Fred went over to their flat and roughed him up. Then Joan had a miscarriage that may or may not have been natural or accidental.

I think Joan has oftentimes resented her father's over-protectiveness.

There may have been more to their story that I can't remember at present.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Highlands72 wrote:

@esmerelda wrote:

---

My station had a 90-minute version, also, but I think it still may have been edited a little, as I have heard that the British version was longer than 90 minutes. I may just order the British dvd set to get the full show.

As far as Joan's relationship with her father, I recall in one of the seasons, Joan had moved in with an abusive boyfriend. Fred went over to their flat and roughed him up. Then Joan had a miscarriage that may or may not have been natural or accidental.

I think Joan has oftentimes resented her father's over-protectiveness.

There may have been more to their story that I can't remember at present.

If you buy the UK version, make sure your DVD is for all regions  The U.S. is in Region 1   The UK is in another Region.  The UK version should say ITV (that is independent Boradcast UK)  The televise the show.

My prediction about Joan.  She will marry  Jim Strange.  That character of Jim was in the original Morse.  His wife is referred to, but not seen or named.  But I bet the producers of this show will marry them off.  It's logical she would marry a policeman.  LOL....we'll see! Speculation only, but it's a cute idea.