Respected Contributor

Re: Scenes From A Marriage On HBO

Episode 2 was revealing as to how different each person in a marriage sees the relationship and how little communication takes place. I was totally sympathetic with the husband this week. Isn't there always one person who loves more and it seems that the person who loves less has the upper hand? Just my opinion.

Valued Contributor

I haven't watched this yet but to your opinion on the person who loves less has the upper hand, I remember my daughter in her 20's telling me the person that loves less in the relationship has all the control.  Never thought about it before but I think she's right. 

Honored Contributor

Episode two was just brutal to watch. The husband I believe is an Orthodox Jew, his wife may have been the only woman he has been with. He seems like he wants to save the marriage, he could forgive her, she just wants out. He has a right to feel betrayed by the "friends" who knew but didn't give him a heads up. I wonder how someone can miss the signs that their significant other is so unhappy in the relationship that they seek out someone else?  I feel bad for the little girl, her mother just gets back from a trip and she's leaving again for three months. I don't think visiting her daughter every other week and face timing with her will be as easy as she thinks. I see nominations for both actors at next year's Emmy awards. 

Esteemed Contributor

Still liking it    sad but well done  IMHO

Honored Contributor

As soul crushing as it is to watch, I really like it too. 

Honored Contributor

After losing her job and being dumped by Paulie Mira wants her old life back. The divorce is two years in the making, just finalize it. 

Esteemed Contributor

Last nights episode was the most powerful so far. Intense. Can't wait to see 

how it wraps up next Sunday.