Esteemed Contributor

Re: Scary Movies

[ Edited ]

The  Nicole Kidman movie " The Others"  was a good movie along with  " Shutter Island " with Leonardo  Di Caprio . Had terrific suspense and  story lines that remined me of  Hitchcock .  Along with  " Marnie "

Trusted Contributor

Re: Scary Movies

[ Edited ]

I love a good psycho, scary movie (like Psycho, Seven, etc.) Those scare me because they are real people who have gone crazy and it could happen.

I don't usually like ghost or supernatural stories, although I LOVE The Omen!!! The only other one that scared me more than I liked was Storm of the Century, that Stephen King mini-series. THAT was scary. Never saw IT or many of his other ones.

I just remembered that during my senior year in college, when I had to take some electives, I took an Undergraduate Seminar in Horror movies. We watched movies and discussed them. That was super fun!!!

Trusted Contributor

Yay Yay Yay!

Just watched the original Halloween last week.  First time in about 25 years.  I just need to see the first 15 minutes and I'm good.  The music scared me more than the movie itself.

Then last night I say Psycho, again the first time in about 30 years.  

Love scary movies - not the gore, but the real suspenseful movies.

Respected Contributor

The one movie I haven't been able to finish (after several attempts) is the original B&W "Night of the living Dead". 

Wasn't crazy about the original "The Hills Have Eyes" either.

Denise
Honored Contributor

They give me NIGHTMARES

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Trusted Contributor

@threecees   With respect to "The Boy".  Should I watch via DVD or would it suffice to watch "edited" on TV?  Thanks!

Honored Contributor

@threecees wrote:

Love horror movies.  Here are a couple good ones.

,download (11).jpg

download (10).jpg

The Boy was good! Burnt Offerings was scary!!!!!! It was good though. In my younger days I watched a ton of scary movies, so I have probably seen most of them......I can watch thrillers, but not anything supernatural any longer! I did like The Boy though!

Honored Contributor

Nay but if I choose to, it's at 10am so I'm not dreaming this stuff at bedtime!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Honored Contributor

I don't like scary movies of any kind.

Honored Contributor

I have always loved them.  Last night with Halloween this week I watched the original IT, Tim Curry as an evil clown still amazes me.  He did such a convincing job. 

I have the first Halloween and thought about watching last night but I just could not yet.  That one gets me every time.  I watched it alone when it first came out on VHS.  My home was way out in the boonies/woods and it was at night.  I finished the movie with the fire place poker in my lap.   But I did finish the whole thing.  We did not even have street lights or neighbors at that time. I was petrified.  But still a Yay for me on scary movies.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."