Honored Contributor

I used to just love this show! But this season, it is losing me, it seems so far fetched and the storylines are just not that interesting and exciting like it was...Anyone else feeling like this?

Honored Contributor

Re: Scandal!-It is losing me!

I've eventually felt that way about every single Shonda Rhimes show, so I didn't even start watching Scandal. Her shows always start off well, and then veer into the totally ridiculous. The stories get way too over the top. I did give How to Get Away with Murder because I really like Viola Davis, but I gave up on it before the end of the first season.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I loved Scandal the first few seasons, but when Olivia got abducted and the nightmares she went thru, I thought it lost what I liked about it best.........her fast-talking, take-charge energy, get-er-done attitude. Things used to happen so quickly on that program that I had to use closed captioning just to make sure I didn't miss anything that was being said. And I do like the relationship between her and the president, but sometimes the story line gets way out there.

As for How to Get Away With Murder, that's another one I really liked at first. Maybe it is just my brain, but I am having a hard time remember who killed who and why, and the flashbacks throw me off too!

Maybe these were both series that Sondra only thought out the first few seasons and wasn't sure if they would last. Now that they are, she is having to come up with some way out there story lines to keep it going. Don't know. Do believe she is one very talented writer/producer.

I do enjoy the Good Wife, however, and it seems to maintain a consistent story and energy. It makes me smile a lot because of the subtle humor.

Frequent Contributor

I agree with all of the above, the storylines are just lame, this is the second time about the affair with Fitz coming out to the public and how many times are we going to see Papa Pope wreaking havoc, just keeps playing the same out of world storylines.  I wish they would go back to when Olivia had clients and the unexpected ways she solved them.

Esteemed Contributor

I feel the same as everyone.  Not entertaining when it ventures off course.  EMPIRE ANOTHER ONE I will give one more viewing.  Getting filthy now. 

The Good Wife started off court cases won, now it,s a mish mash and getting stupid.

I watch a lot of PBS now.

Respected Contributor

I gave up Empire after two episodes of season two...did not like the direction of the show. I gave up Nashville....so dreary. And Scandal soon may make this my fall season trifecta of abandoned shows.  It is just getting so stupid. I feel embarrassed to say I watch it. And I watch the Housewives of Beverly Hills and New Jersey , so my standards are not so lofty.Lol.   

Honored Contributor

I had this discussion with a friend earlier this week. She said she was going to watch a marathon of Scandal episodes that were on her DVR. I told her don't be surprised if she decides to quit in the middle of the marathon. I used to look forward to the Thursday night lineup; now it's become a habit. Not sure how long it will be before I break it.

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Honored Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN@Tique@birkin baby@qvcaddition@quincybird

I agree with all of these posts.  It seems that very few shows make it through three seasons lately.  And I can tell, just as you can, when a program is starting to lose "steam."

I don't particularly like the guy playing president.  I do love Olivia, but my thought is that she is PG and remember the advisor that told her to look like "an every-day woman" in non-designer clothes?  Well, that idea shows.

The story lines seem contrived.  We watch simply because we enjoy TV, but I wouldn't miss this show if we didn't watch it.

I watch to enjoy what she wears.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

I would like to see them delve into Jake's past marriage with this new woman who is there to supposedly kill Papa Pope!!!!!!I want more background on Jake ....And like someone else mentioned let's see Olivia solve her clients problems with questionable tactics-that is what kept this interesting and moving along.......

Honored Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN

The wify is dead.  That was her at the train/bus station sitting on the bench.  Deader than a door nail.

Regarding HTGAWM, I want to see a background story on Analise male assistant.  He is a stone cold killer.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif