Honored Contributor

Re: Scandal!-It is losing me!

I used to like the show a lot more.  I get tired of seeing the two of them always on top of each other and bla bla.  I think they put that stuff in partly because that is what some people talk about and it fills up time.

As someone stated, they need to move on from the 'romance' between those two.  It's old and boring.  The only part I liked about the other night was when she was standing there and the lawyers were saying you will have a guard with you and you must do this and that.  I thought that was well written and played out.  You could see her thinking about how her life would really change and deciding how much she enjoyed her freedom.

I thought his wife was going to say to her (when she was in the tunnel and said she was wrong for thinking she was a threat) I thought she was going to say, you never really wanted to marry him, you liked the way you could sneek around and the fact that he wasn't really available (I think this is the truth).

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

I used to like the show a lot more.  I get tired of seeing the two of them always on top of each other and bla bla.  I think they put that stuff in partly because that is what some people talk about and it fills up time.

As someone stated, they need to move on from the 'romance' between those two.  It's old and boring.  The only part I liked about the other night was when she was standing there and the lawyers were saying you will have a guard with you and you must do this and that.  I thought that was well written and played out.  You could see her thinking about how her life would really change and deciding how much she enjoyed her freedom.

I thought his wife was going to say to her (when she was in the tunnel and said she was wrong for thinking she was a threat) I thought she was going to say, you never really wanted to marry him, you liked the way you could sneek around and the fact that he wasn't really available (I think this is the truth).

Writing for this show has got to be really tricky .... and difficult!

Olivia and Fitz are the "centerpiece" of this show, but it has a huge ensemble cast, so lots has to be happening at all times.   

The perfect "solution" is for them to get together after he leaves the WH ....  her becoming First Lady would just be a total fiasco, and no woman in her right mind would want to walk in to that situation!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am also losing interest - can't imagine this show going much past this season!  The one thing that I have never liked, and has caused me to change the channel, is how the set keeps flashing to other sets during transitions!  I hate that quick jumping around - plus a boring storyline - may force me to jump ship!!

Occasional Contributor

I'm losing interest in Scandal as well and for the same reasons. It's lost its way, I think. The storyline is so ridiculous that I've considered not bothering with it. It's disappointing because it started out so great!

Honored Contributor

I watched an old episode from maybe 1 year or 1 1/2 yrs ago and it was so interesting and kept moving at a fast pace, but it was more thrilling that the whole love story thing, but I think people wanted to see more of the love story between Olivia and Fitz and that is why they have capitilized on it this season, but it needs to go back to Olivia and team solving clients problems, that was when it was on top and at its best in my opinion, and after watching an older episode, that confirmed it for me!

Honored Contributor

Well said candlequeen and I totally agree with you.  This show is now totally about Olivia and somewhat about the President.

I think much of the audience is like, "OK, that's old, now what"?  There really isn't a story you can follow.